Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - BSP support for low power managment : (4 Items)

BSP support for low power managment  
I have designed custom power management framework for free scale Imx51 platform.  To support Suspend to RAM power state,
 I'm looking QNX BSP support to manage independently power-managed components; such as CPU, memory and individual 
peripheral devices.

To be specific, I want to put CPU into low power mode (STOP mode as per Imx51 reference manual) and RAM into self-
refresh mode. I identified “power callout” in startup code can be used for this purpose.
But not seen power() callout implementation on BSP(6.5.0 SP1).  Is power() callout part of BSP? 
Can anyone point me towards how to get BSP with power() callout.

Is any support/service available for device power management (suspend/resume) on BSP individual peripheral device 
drivers? 
Re: BSP support for low power managment  
Hi Teja,

This is QNX 4 forum. Please, repost your message in suitable QNX 6 forum.

Respectfully,
Oleg

19.09.2013, в 22:21:59, Teja K написал:

> I have designed custom power management framework for free scale Imx51 platform.  To support Suspend to RAM power 
state, I'm looking QNX BSP support to manage independently power-managed components; such as CPU, memory and individual 
peripheral devices.
> 
> To be specific, I want to put CPU into low power mode (STOP mode as per Imx51 reference manual) and RAM into self-
refresh mode. I identified “power callout” in startup code can be used for this purpose.
> But not seen power() callout implementation on BSP(6.5.0 SP1).  Is power() callout part of BSP? 
> Can anyone point me towards how to get BSP with power() callout.
> 
> Is any support/service available for device power management (suspend/resume) on BSP individual peripheral device 
drivers? 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post105242
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

RE: BSP support for low power managment  
Hi Oleg,

I found only common project as BSPs & Drivers. Could please help me how to post my message into QNX 6 forum.

Thank you in advance. 

Regards,
Teja K

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 12:11 PM
To: qnx4-community@community.qnx.com
Subject: Re: BSP support for low power managment

Hi Teja,

This is QNX 4 forum. Please, repost your message in suitable QNX 6 forum.

Respectfully,
Oleg

19.09.2013, в 22:21:59, Teja K написал:

> I have designed custom power management framework for free scale Imx51 platform.  
To support Suspend to RAM power state, I'm looking QNX BSP support to manage independently power-managed components; 
such as CPU, memory and individual peripheral devices.
> 
> To be specific, I want to put CPU into low power mode (STOP mode as per Imx51 reference manual) and RAM into self-
> But not seen power() callout implementation on BSP(6.5.0 SP1).  Is power() callout part of BSP? 
> Can anyone point me towards how to get BSP with power() callout.
> 
> Is any support/service available for device power management (suspend/resume) on BSP individual peripheral device 
drivers? 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post105242
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

QNX4 Community Support
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post105264
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. 

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive 
use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
 recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy
 all copies of this message and any attachments. 

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for 
the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. 

www.wipro.com
Re: BSP support for low power managment  
Teja,

BSPs and Drivers is right project, I guess.

Respectfully,
Oleg

> Hi Oleg,
> 
> I found only common project as BSPs & Drivers. Could please help me how to post my message into QNX 6 forum.
> 
> Thank you in advance. 
> 
> Regards,
> Teja K
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Олег Большаков [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
> Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 12:11 PM
> To: qnx4-community@community.qnx.com
> Subject: Re: BSP support for low power managment
> 
> Hi Teja,
> 
> This is QNX 4 forum. Please, repost your message in suitable QNX 6 forum.
> 
> Respectfully,
> Oleg
> 
> 19.09.2013, в 22:21:59, Teja K написал:
> 
>> I have designed custom power management framework for free scale Imx51 platform.  To support Suspend to RAM power 
state, I'm looking QNX BSP support to manage independently power-managed components; such as CPU, memory and individual 
peripheral devices.
>> 
>> To be specific, I want to put CPU into low power mode (STOP mode as per Imx51 reference manual) and RAM into self-
>> But not seen power() callout implementation on BSP(6.5.0 SP1).  Is power() callout part of BSP? 
>> Can anyone point me towards how to get BSP with power() callout.
>> 
>> Is any support/service available for device power management (suspend/resume) on BSP individual peripheral device 
drivers? 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> 
>> QNX4 Community Support
>> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post105242
>> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post105264
> 
> Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. 
> 
> The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the 
exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not 
the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately
 and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. 
> 
> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for 
the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. 

> 
> www.wipro.com
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post105266