Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX 4.25D/E, Photon 1.14, Cirrus Logic GD5424, flat panel display (FPM): (1 Item)

QNX 4.25D/E, Photon 1.14, Cirrus Logic GD5424, flat panel display (FPM)  
I posted about this in 2008, but dropped the line of inquiry. Now I find that it has reared its ugly head again ;-) I am
 running a WinSystems STD Bus SVGA card with a Cirrus Logic GD5424-80QC-C chipset. Works fine @ 1024 x 768 on a CRT. Not
 on an FPM. It seems the reason is because the video controller is using interlaced mode no matter what mode the Photon 
Display utility indicates. The mode never changes. The trapper correctly finds the chipset and identifies VESA mode 105 
as an appropriate mode, but then, no matter what switch is used for the switcher, it always uses interlaced for 1024 x 
768. 800 x 600 works fine, though. I don't know much about video controllers, but it seems that I should be able to get 
the mode I select. Is there anyone who knows aught about such things? I am now looking to move to a different video card
, but wonder if the problem is not knowing how to use the drivers...and I have studied the QNX4 driver docs extensively.
..or does the driver even support those different flavors of VESA mode 105...if it does, then the problem is the video 
card.

Thanks,
~Rich~