Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Licensing: (3 Items)

Licensing  
I'm trying to resurrect an old computer that was running QNX4 and has a hard drive problem.  I replaced the drive and 
tried to install QNX4 from a CDROM written with the downloaded .iso file and am having trouble with the licensing.  I 
found a file on the original drive named ".licenses" containing what looks like activation keys with some extra text on 
the beginning of each line.  I'm wondering if I should enter these when the installer asks for license numbers.  Each 
line in the file has a format like this:

abcde.00300314-0xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (1 node)

where each "xxxx" is four alphanumeric characters and "abcde" is one of the following:

qnx
 phrt
tcprt
 vger
  wcc
  wpp
tcptk

If these are indeed the original license numbers should I enter each line in it's entirety or just a portion such as the
 five groups of four characters?   Also, do I need to enter all seven to get the system up and running.  For the 
intended use, this computer needs Internet access to remote files and keyboard plus video display support.  Photon isn't
 used and no development will be occurring.  The system is a key part of a test fixture used to program and test an old 
custom ISA based interface card used in a product that ships with QNX6 (originall QNX4) and runs a handful of 
executables that were compiled for QNX4.

Alternatively, the hard drive functions adequately for about 10 minutes after the system is powered up (it boots QNX4 
and will access the network drives and run the executables) and I might be able to copy all required files except the 
bootloader to a second drive and then make that one the master if I could somehow add a boot record.  I did try imaging 
the drive but in addition to the fact that the drive ceases to function after about 10 minutes it also has some bad 
sectors that the imaging program cannot get past.  I think those sectors have lost the head tracking signal. 
Re: Licensing  
You enter the license as "abcde.00300314-0xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

On 2013-01-21 8:44 AM, "lance fisher" <community-noreply@qnx.com> wrote:

>abcde.00300314-0xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Re: Licensing  
Thanks, that worked as you said.

> You enter the license as "abcde.00300314-0xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On 2013-01-21 8:44 AM, "lance fisher" <community-noreply@qnx.com> wrote: