Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Logging commands: (3 Items)

Logging commands  
I have need to log all commands run through both a direct system console login, and incoming telnet connections.  One of
 the systems I support is freezing about once a week, and we believe it is a process or program being run by the client.
 I've been unable to find any proof, as I'm not sure exactly what commands or processes they're running to do so.

I have looked at the logging script located at http://www.qnx.com/developers/qnx4/qnx4kb/solution.html?code=9962

However what I've been asked to find is a way to log this in such a way that it is completely run in the background and 
unseen. So I can't use the logging script, as it notifies of where the log file is, does not use the set prompt, etc. 

Because of requirements I must follow, I'm not able to recompile that program, so I can't make the modifications - 
besides, I'm not very familiar with the code that's probably needed. I support the system, but I do not develop programs
 for it.

Is there a way I could accomplish what I was asked?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Re: Logging commands  
no, chance, one can log via telnet and use ditto to become console user. But you can use regular call of psinfo to 
monitor what processes are running, than you can derive later whether it was performed by your application or remote 
user.
Re: Logging commands  
Well, it turns out that we were able to prove it was a remote user doing ..something.  One of the client's techs changed
 the password of the systems, and suddenly there is no more trouble of lock-ups.

Unfortunately this way didn't show what commands were being run (I'd like to know, personally, to see if it can be 
prevented at the node side) but at least it got the client looking in the right direction - internally.