Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Use of PmMem* Functions: (2 Items)

Use of PmMem* Functions  
I have recently started to work with the PmMem* family of functions to help reduce flickering in our application but I 
have hit a roadblock.  I have created a shared memory object and set up a draw context by following the examples in the 
Photon manual under PMMemCreateMC().  I do this in our initialization code and then in our timer callback that walks the
 widget hierarchy and damages the custom widgets I create the new draw context, call PmMemStart() and then call 
PtDamageWidget for the appropriate custom widget draw function.  At the end of the loop I call PmMemFlush(), PmMemStop()
 and PmMemReleaseMC().

Unfortunately, I see no visible difference.  The flicker still exists.  I have run the application in the debugger and I
 see that the shared memory object has been created.   It’s almost like all of the Pgdraw() functions are still going 
to the original context?  This test application does have other screens that are using the DBcontainer widget for 
testing purposes.  Is it possible that the PmMem context created by the DBcontainer widget is conflicting with the one I
 have created programmatically?  Is it ok to mix DBcontainers along with custom draw contexts in the same application?

Are there any functions that I could call in my widget redraw function to determine the current draw context so that I 
could see if it is the one that I created?

Thank you very much.

Larry 
Re: Use of PmMem* Functions  
Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Thanks.

Larry