Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - SIGSEGV: Page 1 of 3 (3 Items)

SIGSEGV  
I have an simple app in which I have a button that I've attached a function to the Activate callback. The first time I 
press it it runs fine. However, the second time I press it, the app craches with a SIGSEGV error. I peppered a few 
printf statements in the callback and it never even makes it into the callback the second time. 
    What is most strange is that I developed the app on a WIndows-based pc on which I am running QNX4.25 under VMWare 
and I don't have any issue running on that. Only when I copy the app to a machine running native QNX4.25 do I get the 
error.
  First off, anyone have any idea why such a seemingly simple operation would cause a SIGSEGV? I have 100's of instances
 like this in other apps and have never seen such a thing before. Also, anyone experienced a similar problem and/or know
 why there would be different behavior between the two environments? i.e. why does it run fine when QNX is running under
 VMWare vs. crashes consistently on a native QNX machine?