Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - trying to delete QNX header files during make htinstall: (4 Items)

trying to delete QNX header files during make htinstall  
good afternoon:

i am trying to build QNX software and i keep getting these errors:

cp: cannot remove `/opt/qnx630/target/qnx6/usr/include/hw/dsiu.h': Permission denied
cp: cannot remove `/opt/qnx630/target/qnx6/usr/include/hw/s2681.h': Permission denied
cp: cannot remove `/opt/qnx630/target/qnx6/usr/include/hw/bcm1250.h': Permission denied
cp: cannot remove `/opt/qnx630/target/qnx6/usr/include/hw/zscc.h': Permission denied
cp: cannot remove `/opt/qnx630/target/qnx6/usr/include/hw/8250.h': Permission denied
cp: cannot remove `/opt/qnx630/target/qnx6/usr/include/hw/ucb1300.h': Permission denied
make[6]: [hinstall] Error 1 (ignored)

it happens only during the make htinstall stage. i found the same errors when building the QNX kernel (CoreOS) in trunk/

for trunk, as soon as you set QCONF_OVERRIDE, the error disappears. the error is so cryptic, its difficult to find the 
cause.

whats the solution? is it because QCONF or QCONF_OVERRIDE is not defined?

thank you in advance.

have a nice day,

Aaron
--
{
  still using Netscape 7.4 after all these years
  http://browser.netscape.com/releases
  also using Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Konqueror, IE, Safari
}
Re: trying to delete QNX header files during make htinstall  
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 09:08:16AM -0400, Aaron P. D'Souza wrote:
> good afternoon:
> 
> i am trying to build QNX software and i keep getting these errors:
> 
> cp: cannot remove `/opt/qnx630/target/qnx6/usr/include/hw/dsiu.h': Permission denied
> cp: cannot remove `/opt/qnx630/target/qnx6/usr/include/hw/s2681.h': Permission denied
> cp: cannot remove `/opt/qnx630/target/qnx6/usr/include/hw/bcm1250.h': Permission denied
> cp: cannot remove `/opt/qnx630/target/qnx6/usr/include/hw/zscc.h': Permission denied
> cp: cannot remove `/opt/qnx630/target/qnx6/usr/include/hw/8250.h': Permission denied
> cp: cannot remove `/opt/qnx630/target/qnx6/usr/include/hw/ucb1300.h': Permission denied
> make[6]: [hinstall] Error 1 (ignored)
> 
> it happens only during the make htinstall stage. i found the same errors when building the QNX kernel (CoreOS) in 
trunk/.
> 
> for trunk, as soon as you set QCONF_OVERRIDE, the error disappears. the error is so cryptic, its difficult to find the
 cause.
> 
> whats the solution? is it because QCONF or QCONF_OVERRIDE is not defined?
> 

Probably.  You should set up a staging area so that
you're not trying to overwrite the shipped headers
which you don't have perms to do.

http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.core_os/wiki/BuildTheOSSource
good evening Sean, others:

do you need a Staging Area for normal QNX applications and for BSPs? do you need to set QCONF for applications and the 
BSPs?

in our BSP tree, all directories do not have a pinf.mk or qconf.mk.

cheers!

Aaron
Hi Aaron,

Which QNX version do you have installed as your development host?  It appears to be 6.3.0 or perhaps 6.3.0SP2 + the 6.3.
2 patch?

I should warn you that you will have troubles completing the build of the utilities and libraries with a development 
system this
old, due to dependencies on new compilers, newer qcc conf files, and changes to the crt*.o files in $QNX_TARGET/$CPU/lib
/

I'll make a note on the build page...

Arystor Limited wrote:
> good evening Sean, others:
> 
> do you need a Staging Area for normal QNX applications and for BSPs? do you need to set QCONF for applications and the
 BSPs?
> 
> in our BSP tree, all directories do not have a pinf.mk or qconf.mk.
> 
> cheers!
> 
> Aaron
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post38680