Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - SSH in QNX 6.4.1: (2 Items)

SSH in QNX 6.4.1  
Hi,

I've noticed that Open SSH is bundled in the 6.4.1 Neutrino OS. I would like to implement it so that the SSH can run 
generically on hosts with different IP addresses and multiple interfaces. In the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file (mine is 
attahced), I need to specify a ListenAddress as a specific IP, before I can connect to that IP address over SSH.

#Port 22
Protocol 2
#AddressFamily any
ListenAddress 192.168.21.208
ListenAddress 10.10.11.131
#ListenAddress ::

Is there anyway, I can leave this as a generic entry, so that if I run the same instance of QNX on multiple VM machines 
for example, the ListenAddress entry doesn't need changed each time?

As an additional query, I'm having issues getting sshd to run on startup. I've added the entry "/usr/sbin/sshd &" to my 
rc.local file, but it doesn't successfully run. If I type the same entry at command line after startup, it works fine?

Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the help.
Danny
Attachment: Text sshd_config.txt 2.69 KB
Re: SSH in QNX 6.4.1  
I managed to figure this one out myself... and it is quite as simple as you can imagine.

Just hash out the ListenAddress entry to make the SSH daemon work on any of the configured interfaces on the host.

As for the auto-start of sshd, it seemed to work all of a sudden too, without any change to the rc.local file???