Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Run apllication directly as QNX boots.: (3 Items)

Run apllication directly as QNX boots.  
Hi,

I have made an image with photon and other drivers for x86 in QNX 6.3.2 and i Am unable to run photon application 
directly as QNX boots, even though have included executables in script of build file, but if the same is made for 
terminal level there is no problem in calling the application, please help me to over come this problem. 

Please find the attachment for the build file and as well as application's executable (hello word) , in this i hav 
not included any thing as the executable part you can take any sample photon application.

Thanks and Regards,
Shashidhar.H.G
Attachment: Text photon2.x86.build 7.16 KB
Re: Run apllication directly as QNX boots.  
> Hi,
> 
>    I have made an image with photon and other drivers for x86 in QNX 6.3.2 and
>  i Am unable to run photon application directly as QNX boots, even though have
>  included executables in script of build file, but if the same is made for 
> terminal level there is no problem in calling the application, please help me 
> to over come this problem. 
> 
>    Please find the attachment for the build file and as well as application's 
> executable (hello word) , in this i hav not included any thing as the 
> executable part you can take any sample photon application.
> 
> Thanks and Regards,
> Shashidhar.H.G

Attachment: Text hello 12.35 KB
Re: Run apllication directly as QNX boots.  
I assume that you are succesful in launching Photon itself.  To launch Photon apps automatically when Photon starts, 
follow the steps outlined in the documentation.  From the QNX Neutrino RTOS Users Guide, in the chapter Using the Photon
 microGUI, see the section on Starting Application Automatically.

Starting applications automatically
You can tell Photon to launch applications on startup. To do this, add the name of the application's executable to the $
HOME/.ph/phapps configuration file. For example:

ped &
pterm &
helpviewer &
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 If the file doesn't exist, you need to create it, and make it executable by changing its properties with the File 
Manager, or by typing chmod +x ~/.ph/phapps. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

Dave