Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - How do I format an sd card with qnx6 on vmware?: (1 Item)

How do I format an sd card with qnx6 on vmware?  
I am working on an embedded QNX project that uses an SD card for it's main storage.  Our application requires large file
 support to work, and from reading the online documentation, I understand a QNX6 filesystem is required to support large
 files.  Therefore, I would like to create a QNX6 partition and filesystem on the SD to support the large files.

I've been able to create a primary fat32 partition, along with a bunch of unpartitioned space on the sd for the QNX6 
partition by using Linux tools to do the job.  I do not believe there are any Linux tools to create and format QNX6 
partitions, therefore, I would like to access the card from QNX/Neutrino, and prepare the QNX6 partition by using QNX 
tools.

I currently have QNX installed on x86 system in a vmware vm.  I have installed the virtual usb controller, and connected
 my sd reader to the vm.  However, I do not see any indication in QNX that any sort of device has been connected at all.

I have read the discussion at http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/projects.vmware/discussion.support.topc1163.  The 
discussion talks about experimental drivers that are needed to get usb working on QNX 6.3.2, but the discussion is over 
a year old.  Are the experimental drivers still needed?  Is there some documentation that I have missed for mounting sd 
readers on QNX?