Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX 6.6 Monitor Settings front/back porch: (6 Items)

QNX 6.6 Monitor Settings front/back porch  
Hi,
We have developed an application under QNX 6.6 which uses the QNX Screen API to display graphics on the screen. Our 
client uses a monitor where the GUI screen appears skewed/shifted to the right. They can manually adjust the monitor 
settings to correct the problem. However, after a power down of the monitor, these settings are lost and they have to 
adjust them again. Is there a way to put the front/back porch settings in a configuration file, so they don't have to be
 adjusted every time?
Thanks you in advance for your help.

Silva
Re: QNX 6.6 Monitor Settings front/back porch  
Am I right in assuming that this is an HDMI monitor? Do you use the default HDMI wfdcfg library from QNX as the modelib?

You would need to modify its code to read the values from a file rather than using the hard-coded values.

Best regards,
Al
Hi Albrecht,
Thank you for your reply. It's a VGA monitor (not HDMI). Does it make a difference?

Silva
Oh you run on x86, is that so? Can you check the graphics.conf that you are using? It will name the libwfdcg-*.lib which
 provides the modes and timings to QNX Screen. Maybe it has a "use" message that explains some parameters that can be 
changed.

-Al
Hi Albrecht,
I am sorry for the late reply. I am attaching a copy of my graphics.conf file. I can see libwfdcfg-sample.so and 
libWFDintel-drm.so. There is a use message for libWFDintel-drm.so, but there is no information on how to fix my problem.
 Any more ideas?
Thanks.

Silva
Attachment: Text graphics.conf 3.07 KB
Hi Albrecht,
One more thing - I am attaching the usage message for the libWFDintel-drm.so library.

Silva
Attachment: Text usage-libWFDintel-drm.txt 1.31 KB