Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Using a file descriptor from pipe with select: (5 Items)

Using a file descriptor from pipe with select  
I am porting some existing Linux code that wakes a thread blocked on select by adding the pipe
read file descriptor to the select fd set and writing to the write pipe fd (to break out of a read select). Looks like 
select isn't being triggered, are there any know issues with doing this on QNX (6.5)?

Cheers Steve.
Re: Using a file descriptor from pipe with select  
On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 11:25:43AM -0500, Steve Osselton wrote:
> I am porting some existing Linux code that wakes a thread blocked on select by adding the pipe
> read file descriptor to the select fd set and writing to the write pipe fd (to break out of a read select). Looks like
 select isn't being triggered, are there any know issues with doing this on QNX (6.5)?
> 

No known issues.  I know this has been done in the past.

Regards,

-seanb
Thanks, on closer analysis pipe was failing with perror "pipe: Function not implemented", which I
guess is because I'm running on a custom kernel with this support removed (is a 3rd party kernel).
pipe support isn't in the kernel (microkernel), it's provided
by the pipe manager: the process called 'pipe'.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 12:09:01PM -0500, Steve Osselton wrote:
> Thanks, on closer analysis pipe was failing with perror "pipe: Function not implemented", which I
> guess is because I'm running on a custom kernel with this support removed (is a 3rd party kernel).
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post113366
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Ahh, thought this was only required for inter-process pipe support?