Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Booting BeagleBone Black from Micro SD card.: (2 Items)

Booting BeagleBone Black from Micro SD card.  
Hello All,
I am trying to boot  QNX from the MicrSD card slot on the BBB.  Depending on what you  read on the web this can either 
occur quickly or can take up to a half an hour.  
I copied (naively using windows explorer)   MLO, u-boot and ifs-ti-am335x-beaglebone to a active healthyt sector on the 
SD card.  I had to try a couple of SD cards because windows would not let me make the partition active, using the 
alternative described by QNX didn't seem to help.  ( It all depended on whether or not you believed the asterisk that 
appeared in the command window but not indicated as active in the Disk Management tool. But enough of that)  I 
eventually found one we had used for Linux that had the active partition.  I removed all the other files and only copied
 the three files I mention above.   When I start the sequence what happens is that I have a continual string of the 
character "C" being written to putty on my computer via the usb to ftdi cable.
As I mentioned I have putty running and am seeing continual line of C's being streamed to the terminal window.
I'd appreciate it if you could let me know the secret to getting this board to boot QNX.  I have to port our code and do
 some timing measurements.  Thanks.  Jim
Re: Booting BeagleBone Black from Micro SD card.  
Thanks Dennis (for the response via email).  I'll try this out.   I noticed the requirement to run the command shell as 
the admin.  I've seen that notice in several of the websites regarding setting up the Micro SD card so I'll pay extra 
attention to this.  Thanks again. Jim