Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX BSP for BeagleboardXM + HIL with xpcTarget: (1 Item)

QNX BSP for BeagleboardXM + HIL with xpcTarget  
Hi,

I  am trying to setup a hardware-in-the-loop enviroment with my BeagleboardXM board and communicate with the xpcTarget 
with Matlab model through RS232. The problem is that I could read data from xpTarget to my program running on the board 
with QNX but I could not perform write data operations to xpcTarget. Another way of saying, I could not close the loop. 

I tried many variations of sample time rating for data send/receive in order to understand are there synchronization 
issues and tried code modifications but it could not possible for me to understand what is the real problem. I have same
 idea about what might be the problem as,

1- Does QNX for beagleboardXM requires software flow control for RS232 comm? If so how it can be disabled? Or any such 
kinds of protocols are required for succesful communication?

2- Does QNX generate interrupt to the serial driver sometime in a way that it can stop xpcTarget execution?

3- Does QNX interrupts generated by some other code parts in the program for different purposes cause xpcTarget to stop 
execution?

4- Is it possible to arrange such xpcTarget setup for beagleboardXM + QNX combinations? If so what would you recommend?

Apart from these questions, I don't know why but I could not use readcond or select functions in my setup; because I 
think I fail to setup serial device raw mode settings.

I really need some help, 

Thank you.

Onder