Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Questions about background process: (3 Items)

Questions about background process  
Hi,
My process ied_device deals with UPnP protocol, it contains networking and multithreaded status processing. And my box 
is configured to be started into text mode via /etc/system/config/nophoton. Now a line of script is added into /etc/rc.d
/rc.local to run ied_device when startup:
/usr/local/bin/ied_device -ip 192.168.60.1 -port 49152

The problem is that when the line is written as /usr/local/bin/ied_device -ip 192.168.60.1 -port 49152, login cannot run
 and the screen is filled with a lot of output printing messages of ied_device, while the line is written as /usr/local/
bin/ied_device -ip 192.168.60.1 -port 49152 > /dev/null & to run the process in background, login is ok but CPU average 
load will be 50% or higher as shown by top command.

How to configure the script to run ied_device with normal CPU load and login running ok?

Allen 
Re: Questions about background process  
I use procmgr_daemon(EXIT_SUCCESS, 0) to run ied_device as a background process. However, it cannot provide UPnP 
services any longer, are all of the sockets closed?
RE: Questions about background process  
From the doc:

PROCMGR_DAEMON_NOCLOSE - unless this flag is set, procmgr_daemon() closes all file descriptors other than standard input
, standard output and standard error.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: October-16-13 10:01 PM
To: general-community
Subject: Re: Questions about background process

I use procmgr_daemon(EXIT_SUCCESS, 0) to run ied_device as a background process. However, it cannot provide UPnP 
services any longer, are all of the sockets closed?

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post106010
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com