Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Have Boundary Devices BD-SL IMX6 board with Capacitive screen trying to get running with QNX accelerator: (2 Items)

Have Boundary Devices BD-SL IMX6 board with Capacitive screen trying to get running with QNX accelerator  
I recently downloaded the Accelerator package for my IMX6 board and tried to run it on my system. 

The documentation says it is for use with Boundary devices Resistive screen but I have their Capacitive screen. 

When I booted this image up the screen was obviously wrong so I am looking for a way to get this to run with this 
Capacitive screen. 

I have not tried to run the standard QNX package on this board yet. I am a newbie to QNX and just trying to get 
something up and running other than the demo that really doesn't do anything other than wish I could get access to the 
carQNX project as a college student.

Thank you for any help getting this running! 

Rodney
Re: Have Boundary Devices BD-SL IMX6 board with Capacitive screen trying to get running with QNX accelerator  
Hi Rodney,

if you are a newbie there is no point in trying to "adjust" the Accelerator Kit to a different display. I have been 
there, tried it, and it's more than just using a different graphics driver configuration and touch controller driver. I 
assume that your display has (like the one I got) a different resolution, and that's the main issue - the demos in the 
Accelerator Kit (most of them, not all) rely on a certain resolution and do not or not properly work with a different 
one, at least not without (minor) modifications, which however are not easy to do for a newbie.

I suggest you just try getting the display that is suggested in the Acceletor Kit documentation. It's not expensive. 
It's also not very bright, and doesn't support multitouch, but it's enough for getting started from a developing 
perspective.

Cheers,

- Malte

> I recently downloaded the Accelerator package for my IMX6 board and tried to 
> run it on my system. 
> 
> The documentation says it is for use with Boundary devices Resistive screen 
> but I have their Capacitive screen. 
> 
> When I booted this image up the screen was obviously wrong so I am looking for
>  a way to get this to run with this Capacitive screen. 
> 
> I have not tried to run the standard QNX package on this board yet. I am a 
> newbie to QNX and just trying to get something up and running other than the 
> demo that really doesn't do anything other than wish I could get access to the
>  carQNX project as a college student.
> 
> Thank you for any help getting this running! 
> 
> Rodney