Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Sample Resource Manager .exe: (4 Items)

Sample Resource Manager .exe  
I am new to this type of development environment so my question may seem naive.  But ya gotta learn somehow.

I am using Momentics Version 4.7.0 on a 64 bit Win 7 machine.  I installed the  Resource Manager sample code and used 
Build Project to build it.  I got .o files in both /x86/o and /x86/o-g directories.  I also got .elf files in these 
directories.  I found this out by using dump NeutrinoResourceManager on the extensionless files.  I did not get the 
expected .exe files though.

I looked through the project's properties but I did not see anything that indicates what type of file to build.  These 
are the tabs I see under QNX C/C++ Project:
Options
Build Variants
General
Compiler
Linker
Make Builder
Error Parsers

How can I set the project up to create .exe files?  I saw a similar post from two years ago (post13229) asking the same 
question with one response.  But the response essentially said read the document.  The responder got .exes when he built
 this project so the issue remains.

Finally, what do I need to do if I want to run this on an Arm v7 device?

Thanks,
John
Re: Sample Resource Manager .exe  
Exe files? No you cannot have exe files because you compile for QNX. If you want windows binaries you need different sdk
 and it does not have concept of resource manager I think
To run it on Arm you need to read getting started guide which explains how to setup and connect the device.
RE: Sample Resource Manager .exe  
The QNX Momentics IDE runs on a Windows (or Linux) host, but it doesn't create executables that you can run on that host
; you need a target system that's running QNX Neutrino in order to run the executable. As Elena mentioned, the 
Quickstart Guide should help you get you going.

Steve Reid (stever@qnx.com)
Technical Editor
QNX Software Systems

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 4:38 PM
To: general-community
Subject: Sample Resource Manager .exe

I am new to this type of development environment so my question may seem naive.  But ya gotta learn somehow.

I am using Momentics Version 4.7.0 on a 64 bit Win 7 machine.  I installed the  Resource Manager sample code and used 
Build Project to build it.  I got .o files in both /x86/o and /x86/o-g directories.  I also got .elf files in these 
directories.  I found this out by using dump NeutrinoResourceManager on the extensionless files.  I did not get the 
expected .exe files though.

I looked through the project's properties but I did not see anything that indicates what type of file to build.  These 
are the tabs I see under QNX C/C++ Project:
Options
Build Variants
General
Compiler
Linker
Make Builder
Error Parsers

How can I set the project up to create .exe files?  I saw a similar post from two years ago (post13229) asking the same 
question with one response.  But the response essentially said read the document.  The responder got .exes when he built
 this project so the issue remains.

Finally, what do I need to do if I want to run this on an Arm v7 device?

Thanks,
John

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post89610
Re: RE: Sample Resource Manager .exe  
It did and I thank both of you.  I was thrown off by the earlier exchange on the subject (post13229 and post13405)  but 
Steps 8 and 9 cleared things up.

John