Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Migrating from Photon 6.3.x to 6.5.0: Page 1 of 25 (25 Items)

Migrating from Photon 6.3.x to 6.5.0  
We're endeavoring to migrate from 6.3.x to 6.5.0 and it's unclear what is required to make the move in Photon. In 6.3.x,
 we run the Photon server on one computer (MCC) and the graphics subsystem/input support on a peripheral computer that 
contains a touch screen. In our 6.3.x implementation, we run the following four commands on the peripheral computer with
 the touch screen:

io-hid -dps2ser ps2mouse:mousedev &
devi-hid -P -r mouse
# Wait for Photon to start on the master computer
io-graphics -di830 vid=0x8086,did=0x3582,index=0,photon=/net/MCC/dev/photon,xres=800,yres=600,bitpp=32,refresh=60 -pphoton touchscreen -F-A
devi-elo -d/net/MCC/dev/photon smartset -b 9600 -R -c fd -d/dev/ser1 -s \
    abs -f/hm/config/calib.$HOSTNAME > /root/devi-elo.out 2>&1

Now 6.5.0 has added the Graphics Framework server, io-display. Does io-display need to be started on the peripheral or 
is it only needed on the server where Photon is running?

I see the interface to io-graphics has changed to a file based configuration so I presume we need to create an entry for
 the I830. Does the display.conf update need to be made on our server machine, peripheral machine, or both?

Is anything more required in the display.conf file than the following (i.e. what are the photon{} entries at the 
beginning of the file and inside the display{} entries)?

# Intel I830
device {
                        drivername=i830
                        vid=0x8086
                        did=0x3582
                        deviceindex=0
                        display {
                                                xres=800
                                                yres=600
                                                refresh=60
                                                pixel_format=argb8888
                        }
}

It looks like the calls to io-hid and devi-hid are the same in 6.3.x and 6.5.0.

io-graphics is a different matter, the interface has changed dramatically. For 6.5.0, it looks like we'll need '-d vid=
0x8086,did=0x3582,index=0' and '-n /net/MCC/dev/photon' arguments. How to handle the 6.3.x '-pphoton touchscreen' and '-
F-A' options in 6.5.0?

Any insights into the new framework are greatly appreciated.

Mark