Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Qt4 for QNX6: (12 Items)

Qt4 for QNX6  
Hi:

Nokia tell me that Qt4 is now available for QNX6. Im using the Linux embedded source version as recommended. But I find 
many errors during compilation. 

QNX 6.4.0. 
qt everywhere opensource 4.6.2 

Since Nokia say it has done, there must be someone out there who has done this. 
My configure is : (as recommended by nokia) 
./configure -prefix $PWD -host-little-endian -xplatform  unsupported/qws/qnx-i386-g++ -embedded i386 -no-gfx-linuxfb -no
-mouse-linuxtp -no-kbd-tty  -no-qt3support -qt-gfx-qnx -qt-mouse-qnx -qt-kbd-qnx -no-exceptions

The compile errors are usually "error: expected '}' at end of line"

Is there anything I am missing?
Has anyone seen this and worked through it in the past? 

Thanks,
Andy
Re: Qt4 for QNX6  
Hi,

you should use the shell "bash" because of the fact that  most shell 
scripts of Linux are "bash" based.
That's the reason why you run into problems with shell scripts  written 
for  Linux.

If possible use QNX6.5 ..  its  compilers seems to be  improved.
Did you install XPhoton ?

Reagrds

--Armin

Andy Rhind wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Nokia tell me that Qt4 is now available for QNX6. Im using the Linux embedded source version as recommended. But I 
find many errors during compilation. 
>
> QNX 6.4.0. 
> qt everywhere opensource 4.6.2 
>
> Since Nokia say it has done, there must be someone out there who has done this. 
> My configure is : (as recommended by nokia) 
> ./configure -prefix $PWD -host-little-endian -xplatform  unsupported/qws/qnx-i386-g++ -embedded i386 -no-gfx-linuxfb -
no-mouse-linuxtp -no-kbd-tty  -no-qt3support -qt-gfx-qnx -qt-mouse-qnx -qt-kbd-qnx -no-exceptions
>
> The compile errors are usually "error: expected '}' at end of line"
>
> Is there anything I am missing?
> Has anyone seen this and worked through it in the past? 
>
> Thanks,
> Andy
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post56713
>
>
>   
Thanks for the reply Armin:

The configure appeared to work ok, I ould have expected the shell to matter there. This problem is in the compiler. 
However I am restarting now, using bash, just to be sure that the makefiles were created correctly. 

Nokia say that this version is for 6.4 also that it doesnt use X at all, or the native Photon. 

Thanks,
Andy
Andy,

thanks, that's very interesting.

--Armin

Andy Rhind wrote:
> See :
> http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/platform-notes-qnx.html
>
> for details. 
>
>
>
>
>
>
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post56716
>
>
>   
RE: Qt4 for QNX6  
4.6.2 builds and runs for me on 6.5 from pkgsrc.  I'm using xorg natively
(no photon).

http://community.qnx.com/sf/projects/pkgsrc

-seanb

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sun 6/13/2010 7:07 AM
To: general-community
Subject: Qt4 for QNX6

Hi:

Nokia tell me that Qt4 is now available for QNX6. Im using the Linux embedded source version as recommended. But I find 
many errors during compilation. 

QNX 6.4.0. 
qt everywhere opensource 4.6.2 

Since Nokia say it has done, there must be someone out there who has done this. 
My configure is : (as recommended by nokia) 
./configure -prefix $PWD -host-little-endian -xplatform  unsupported/qws/qnx-i386-g++ -embedded i386 -no-gfx-linuxfb -no
-mouse-linuxtp -no-kbd-tty  -no-qt3support -qt-gfx-qnx -qt-mouse-qnx -qt-kbd-qnx -no-exceptions

The compile errors are usually "error: expected '}' at end of line"

Is there anything I am missing?
Has anyone seen this and worked through it in the past? 

Thanks,
Andy

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post56713

Attachment: Text winmail.dat 2.87 KB
Re: RE: Qt4 for QNX6  
Sean:

Thank you. This is wonderful news. However I'm unfamiliar with pkgsrc. Could I quiz you on the details of installing and
 making?

Do I need to svn all of the HEAD_650  to my QNX system?
The latest QNX6.5 available version I can get 6.5.0 M9. Is that the version you used? 

Once the package is loaded. Is it 'make' then 'make install'? 

How are the NETBSD qt4* tgz files downloaded? 

How are the dependencies downloaded and compiled? 

This reply and the following should probably be in the pkgsrc discussions. 

Thanks,
Andy
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:55:03AM -0400, Andy Rhind wrote:
> Sean:
> 
> Thank you. This is wonderful news. However I'm unfamiliar with pkgsrc. Could I quiz you on the details of installing 
and making?

Check out the 'bootstrap' page off the aforementioned link.

> 
> Do I need to svn all of the HEAD_650  to my QNX system?
> The latest QNX6.5 available version I can get 6.5.0 M9. Is that the version you used? 

I'm using M10.

> 
> Once the package is loaded. Is it 'make' then 'make install'? 

'bmake' / 'bmake install'.  Please see the 'bootstrap' page.

> 
> How are the NETBSD qt4* tgz files downloaded? 

Automatically.  They're downloaded from the qt repo
directly.

> 
> How are the dependencies downloaded and compiled? 

Automatically.

> 
> This reply and the following should probably be in the pkgsrc discussions. 
> 

Regards,

-seanb
Sean: 

Thanks for the introduction to pkgsrc, Its an excellent resource. 
Im part way to getting QT4 and python operating, there are just a few things to let you know and one to ask about . 

The building system is QNX6.5 M9. 

1) Information:  In x11/py-sip/sip-4.10/siplib and sipgen, the Makefiles refer to "-lunix" .  Line 11.  Removal fixes it

2) Information: sysutils/py-dbus/work/dbus-python-0.83.0/Makefile.  'nodist_doc_DATA' gets set to $(HTML_TEXT_RTSDOCS) 
and $(HTML_RSTDOCS) . The result is rts2html.py complaining that its 'decode()' has been given a None parameter.  I 
changed nodist_doc_DATA to "doc/tutorial.txt" . Then all ok.  I think the $(HTML_RSTDOCS) is the problem. 

3) Current Problem: 
I get: 

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/HEAD_650/pkgsrc/x11/py-qt4/work/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.7.3/QtCore'
c++ -c -O2 -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/pkg/qt4/include -I/usr/pkg/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include -DQ_TRAILING_DIR_SEP -
fPIC -D_REENTRANT -DNDEBUG -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I/home/HEAD_650/pkgsrc/x11/py-qt4/work/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.7.3/
qpy/QtCore -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/pkg/include/python2.6 -I/usr/pkg/qt4/mkspecs/default -I/usr/pkg/qt4/include/QtCore 
-I/usr/pkg/qt4/include -o sipQtCoreQSystemSemaphore.o sipQtCoreQSystemSemaphore.cpp
sipQtCoreQSystemSemaphore.cpp: In function 'PyObject* meth_QSystemSemaphore_setKey(PyObject*, PyObject*, PyObject*)':
sipQtCoreQSystemSemaphore.cpp:56: error: 'QSystemSemaphore' has not been declared

'sipQtCoreQSystemSemaphore.cpp referrs the qsystemsemaphore.h header. There are about 6 of these in pkgsrc.  The header 
has an ifndef QT_NO_SYSTEMSEMAPHORE . 

Have you seen this error? Is there a  anything Ive missed . This build was started at x11/py-qt4 and a bmake install. 

Thanks,
Andy

Which packages are you trying to build?

sysutils/py-dbus
x11/py-sip
x11/py-qt4

-seanb

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:10:47AM -0400, Andy Rhind wrote:
> Sean: 
> 
> Thanks for the introduction to pkgsrc, Its an excellent resource. 
> Im part way to getting QT4 and python operating, there are just a few things to let you know and one to ask about . 
> 
> The building system is QNX6.5 M9. 
> 
> 1) Information:  In x11/py-sip/sip-4.10/siplib and sipgen, the Makefiles refer to "-lunix" .  Line 11.  Removal fixes 
it. 
> 
> 2) Information: sysutils/py-dbus/work/dbus-python-0.83.0/Makefile.  'nodist_doc_DATA' gets set to $(HTML_TEXT_RTSDOCS)
 and $(HTML_RSTDOCS) . The result is rts2html.py complaining that its 'decode()' has been given a None parameter.  I 
changed nodist_doc_DATA to "doc/tutorial.txt" . Then all ok.  I think the $(HTML_RSTDOCS) is the problem. 
> 
> 
> 3) Current Problem: 
> I get: 
> 
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/HEAD_650/pkgsrc/x11/py-qt4/work/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.7.3/QtCore'
> c++ -c -O2 -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/pkg/qt4/include -I/usr/pkg/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include -DQ_TRAILING_DIR_SEP 
-fPIC -D_REENTRANT -DNDEBUG -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I/home/HEAD_650/pkgsrc/x11/py-qt4/work/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.7.3/
qpy/QtCore -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/pkg/include/python2.6 -I/usr/pkg/qt4/mkspecs/default -I/usr/pkg/qt4/include/QtCore 
-I/usr/pkg/qt4/include -o sipQtCoreQSystemSemaphore.o sipQtCoreQSystemSemaphore.cpp
> sipQtCoreQSystemSemaphore.cpp: In function 'PyObject* meth_QSystemSemaphore_setKey(PyObject*, PyObject*, PyObject*)':
> sipQtCoreQSystemSemaphore.cpp:56: error: 'QSystemSemaphore' has not been declared
> 
> 'sipQtCoreQSystemSemaphore.cpp referrs the qsystemsemaphore.h header. There are about 6 of these in pkgsrc.  The 
header has an ifndef QT_NO_SYSTEMSEMAPHORE . 
> 
> Have you seen this error? Is there a  anything Ive missed . This build was started at x11/py-qt4 and a bmake install. 

> 
> Thanks,
> Andy
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post59300
> 
Sean:

I am trying to build the  x11/py-qt4.  It appears that sys/[y-dbus and x11/py-sip are being built as dependances.  Im 
just reporting the first two fixes so that the packages can be updated, or as symptoms of my missing some important 
startup setup.  The QtCore problem does have me stumped. 

My build was started by :

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/pkg/bin:/usr/pkg/sbin
setconf CS_LIBPATH $(getconf CS_LIBPATH):/usr/pkg/lib

cd x11/py-qt4
bmake install

It's working with SDP 6.4.1 & Qt 6.4.3 open-source :

- Install QNX SDP 6.4.1 (Linux Host)
- Install QNX 6.4.1 (on VBox)
- Qt 4.6.3 source
- In mkspecs/.../  qnx-i386-g++.conf replace compiler version -> 4.3.3
- Build Qt-Embedded on Linux Host ::

./configure -xplatform unsupported/qws/qnx-i386-g++ -embedded i386 -no-gfx-linuxfb -no-mouse-linuxtp -no-kbd-tty -no-
qt3support -qt-gfx-qnx -qt-mouse-qnx -qt-kbd-qnx -no-exceptions -nomake demos -nomake examples

gmake
su -c "gmake install"
- Build Qt application with Qt Creator (set qt for QNX version)
--------
On Target QNX system:

1) Copy Qt shared libraries [in 1 of LD_LIBRARY_PATH folders]
2) Copy fonts from Qt-Embedded
3) QWS_DISPLAY, QWS_MOUSE_PROTO and QWS_KEYBOARD 
environment variables should all be set to qnx (edit $HOME/.profile)
4) Create sh-file::
	/usr/photon/bin/devi-hid -Pr kbd mouse
	./appname
	slay devi-hid
	sleep 1
	/usr/photon/bin/devi-hid kbd mouse
5) Exit Photon
6) Run It!