Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - license key for "lite" version: (3 Items)

license key for "lite" version  
Hi,

I'm under the impression that I can receive a license key for the lite version with a myQNX account.  I've signed up and
 downloaded the lite Windows host ISO, but I do not have a key to install it with.  How do I get a key?

I just want to install a copy at home to play with for educational purposes.  I may be developing with it at work soon.

Thanks,
Jim
Re: license key for "lite" version  
> Hi,
> 
> I'm under the impression that I can receive a license key for the lite version
>  with a myQNX account.  I've signed up and downloaded the lite Windows host 
> ISO, but I do not have a key to install it with.  How do I get a key?
> 
> I just want to install a copy at home to play with for educational purposes.  
> I may be developing with it at work soon.
> 
> Thanks,
> Jim

Hi Jim,

You can definitely receive a license key for QNX. Just go to the main page and click on the "get momentics" program. The
 top of that page has the download buttons (which you obviously already found), and below are the links to get a license
 key mailed to you.

You can choose either from the 90-day eval key, or the perpetual non-commercial "hobbyist" key. This is all based on 
self-qualification - you'll have to fill some info.

Either key will let you install the product -- and is full-featured. Note too that you can download and install either 
the lite version (x86 targets only) or the full version (ARM/PPC/MIPS/SH4). Again, any of the license keys installs all 
the technologies, it is really up to you which one you want.

Hope this helps,

Sebastien
Re: license key for "lite" version  
Hi Sebastien,

I did click the non-commercial button (several times), but I just get a page that says "Our records indicate that you 
are already enrolled in the Non-Commercial Program.".  I have yet to see a key show up in my inbox.  What am I doing 
wrong?

Thanks for your help,
Jim