Building from source with pkgsrc.#
Before you start#
- QNX support for 'pkgsrc' is currently for self hosted machines only. Please see the QNX site for download information.
- Make sure you have an internet connection. 'pkgsrc' will download distributions from applicable sites.
Bootstrapping under 6.3.2#
Bootstrapping under 6.3.2 is more involved. See the bootstrapping under 6.3.2 page
for detailed instructions.
Bootstrapping under 6..X#
Set up your environment#
- Add /usr/pkg/bin:/usr/pkg/sbin to your PATH
- Add /usr/pkg/lib to your CS_LIBPATH
- I have the following in my /etc/rc,d/rc.local
setconf CS_LIBPATH $(getconf CS_LIBPATH):/usr/pkg/lib
- Download pkgsrc with QNX diffs. Familiarize yourself with the repository layout:
- The real work WRT QNX support is done under pkgsrc/HEAD_6XX branch where 'XX' should correspond to your current version of QNX.
- The vendor branch contains snapshots of the unmodified NetBSD tree. These are useful for diffs and merges to the entire HEAD_6XX branch but otherwise aren't that interesting.
- Note: this is a subversion repository. If you've registered with the Foundry27 site, the above link should present a sample checkout command. For example, to check out the entire repository:
# svn checkout --username <username> http://community.qnx.com/svn/repos/pkgsrc
- However, each branch is fairly large. To check out only the HEAD_650 branch with QNX diffs:
# svn checkout --username <username> http://community.qnx.com/svn/repos/pkgsrc/HEAD_650
- Once that's done you should be ready to bootstrap:
# (cd pkgsrc/bootstrap && ./bootstrap)
Try your first package#
# (cd pkgsrc/misc/figlet && bmake install)