Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - i82544 dhcp and other problems: Page 1 of 6 (6 Items)

i82544 dhcp and other problems  
Hi all,

We have a small fanless computer with two builtin network adapters and one on a pci card. All 3 cards are intel pro 1000
 (PT and PL).

When using the driver on the mile stone build released a few weeks ago the driver detects all three cards but when using
 ifconfig it seems as if they fail to read out the mac address because it is ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff. We then downloaded an 
updated version from this forum and now it detected all mac addresses and everything seemed to work as normal.

On each built in network adapter we have Gigabit ethernet cameras connected and the third adapter on the extra card is 
used for some slow communication with the controlling operators panel etc.

The problem is that some of network packages from one of the camera are corrupted. We switched the two cables to the 
cameras and now we get corrupted data from the other camera so our best guess now is that there is problem with that 
specific network adapter and not with the camera or the cables. We have this problem on at least two different (but 
identical) computers.

When using the extra network card instead of the not so good build in port the communication seems to work as it should 
but we haven't tested ot thouroughly. The problem now is that the bad network card can not communicate with the 
operators panel on our 100 MB network. dhcp.client does not work and if I set the IP address to something I still can 
not ping the router on 192.168.1.1. When looking at the led on this network card it flashes when pinging but very slowly
, like once every 10 seconds.

The data from the cameras are udp jumbo packets of a size around 4500 bytes. When there is corrupted data it usually is 
in complete thirds of the packets, for example 0 to around 3000 is corrupted, 3000-4500 is good or 0-1500 is corrupted 
and the rest is good.

Does anyone have any suggestion how we should continue?

Best regards
Bjorn Sundman
Optonova, Sweden