Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - devnp interrupt handler for driver: Page 1 of 2 (2 Items)

devnp interrupt handler for driver  
I have an ethernet driver for a new arm Cortex A8 part and without the interrupts, the driver works pretty well. I added
 a callout function to "poll" for the received buffers. With this, I can use qconn to download and debug a program, turn
 on kernel instrumentation and upload the data etc. It seems to work like it is supposed to. 

If I turn on interrupts, I lose everything. The serial port completely locks up and I have to reboot the system. I am 
assuming the interrupt handler is doing something it is not supposed but it is just a guess.

I modeled my driver after the source for a devnp driver for a different part. I tried to keep the qnx things the same 
but I probably missed something.

The interrupt driver does not do much but I am wondering what the significance of all the entries in nicinfo_t are. Is 
this explained in any documentation? In particular, what is the use of io_windows and mem_windows? The driver I used as 
a template used io_windows but did not use mem_windows. Maybe I need to but a manual would be nice.

Is there any documentation for the calls like interrupt_queue?

Thanks.