Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Buffer handling within an io-pkt transmit routine: Page 1 of 23 (23 Items)

Buffer handling within an io-pkt transmit routine  
Firstly pardon my lack of knowledge on this subject. I am attempting to write my first io-pkt driver, I have written 
some io-net drivers a number of years ago (10). I have looked at the sam example code and my driver appears to be 
mounted under io-pkt. I am having some problems with the transmit routine. 

The hardware is in effect a SLIP interface, I am attempting to port from another well know RTOS towards QNX. On the 
other RTOS I registered the driver as an Ethernet Interface and then in the Transmit routine jump over the Ethernet 
Header. The hardware does not support DMA so the packet needs to be copied into a memory mapped transmit buffer. I was 
hoping to be able to do the same under QNX.

I appear to have got some way towards this; the transmit routine is called but I am unable to successfully transmit the 
mbuf data to the transmit buffer. I am however able to transmit a hardcoded buffer containing an ICMP echo request 
packet. I de-fragment the received mbuf and have attempt to copy the packet into the transmit buffer using memcpy or 
m_copydata without success.

Any help gratefully received.