Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Problem with ftp: (4 Items)

Problem with ftp  
Hi,

I'm migrating from QNX 6.4.0 to 6.4.1 and I'm held up with a problem with FTP.

Earlier with QNX 6.4.0, I used to run the ftp using inetd and transfer files to QNX machine. Now, with QNX 6.4.1, I'm 
not able to transfer the files using FTP.
I get an error message "PORT ommand rejected". What could be the reason for this? Is there any change in FTP from 6.4.0 
to 6.4.1?

Please shed some light on the same.

Regards,
Lakshminarayanan
Re: Problem with ftp  
On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 11:58:59PM -0400, Lakshminarayanan R wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I'm migrating from QNX 6.4.0 to 6.4.1 and I'm held up with a problem with FTP.
> 
> Earlier with QNX 6.4.0, I used to run the ftp using inetd and transfer files to QNX machine. Now, with QNX 6.4.1, I'm 
> I get an error message "PORT ommand rejected". What could be the reason for this? Is there any change in FTP from 6.4.
0 to 6.4.1?
> 
> Please shed some light on the same.

It's actually libsocket being stricter.  It's fixed
in the ftpd in the networking project on the foundry
or you can work around it by using passive mode in the
client.

-seanb
RE: Problem with ftp  
It works with client being in passive mode.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 6:30 PM
To: general-networking
Subject: Re: Problem with ftp

> Hi,
>
> I'm migrating from QNX 6.4.0 to 6.4.1 and I'm held up with a problem with FTP.
>
> Earlier with QNX 6.4.0, I used to run the ftp using inetd and transfer files to QNX machine. Now, with QNX 6.4.1, I'm 
> I get an error message "PORT ommand rejected". What could be the reason for this? Is there any change in FTP from 6.4.
0 to 6.4.1?
>

It's actually libsocket being stricter.  It's fixed in the ftpd in the networking project on the foundry or you can work
 around it by using passive mode in the client.

-seanb

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post39357

DISCLAIMER:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. 
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates. 
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: Problem with ftp  
It works with client being in passive mode. Thanks

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 6:30 PM
To: general-networking
Subject: Re: Problem with ftp

> Hi,
>
>
0 to 6.4.1?
>

It's actually libsocket being stricter.  It's fixed in the ftpd in the networking project on the foundry or you can work
 around it by using passive mode in the client.

-seanb

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post39357

DISCLAIMER:

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. 
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates. 
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.