Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - RamDisk and wifi network driver: (3 Items)

RamDisk and wifi network driver  
Hello.

So I have wifi working on my board TI AM335x with the TI/QNX driver.  I have followed all instructions and it is all 
working.

The thing I'm doing (and I think this is wrong) is that I startup the "io-pkt-v4-hc -dasix" running and then I start 
some of my applications.  These applications setup listening ports on the loopback device.

When I startup the ramdisk and then startup the new io-pkt-v4-hc -dti127x-am335x driver my loopback interface is created
 new.

netstat shows me none of my listening ports on the loopback interface.

I'm not sure what the pros/cons are of starting up all my apps in a ramdisk.  My understanding of a ramdisk is a bit 
shaky.  I've read all the docs I can find on it.  My understanding is that the ramdisk is only affecting the file system
 and not the amount of system ram I have available for running my applications.  Obviously the ram used for the ramdisk 
is consummed but the rest of it should be there.

Is this correct?

Needless to say, I would think that the loopback device would stay consistent throughout the system.  But I'm finding 
that not to be true.

When I start up an application in the ramdisk world, I can't connect to the apps that were started before I created the 
ramdisk.

Can anyone point me to docs that describe how this works?  The devb-ram driver doc doesn't seem to touch on networking 
and drivers that are loaded in the existing system.  Or maybe I just missed it.

Thanks in advance.
-stv
Re: RamDisk and wifi network driver  
If I understand correctly, you are starting two instances of io-pkt-v4-hc.  This creates two independent stacks.

You probably need two instances of your app - the first started default, and the second started with "SOCK=/alt" (after 
second stack is started).
Re: RamDisk and wifi network driver  
You understand perfectly.

I will try that, thank you.