Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - not able to get QNX System Builder's built in serial terminals to work: (8 Items)

not able to get QNX System Builder's built in serial terminals to work  
I'm using the QNX® Momentics® Integrated Development Environment Version: 4.0.1, Build id: I20070321. And I can't get 
the QNX System Builder's built in serial terminals to work. I installed the QNX Momentics development suite 6.3.2 on my 
laptop running WindowXP OS. When I open a terminal by selecting Show View-->Other... from the Window menu and then 
select QNX System Builder-->Terminal N (where N is 1 to 4), it shows "not connected", and all 4 terminals don't work.
Attachment: Image Snap1.jpg 114.03 KB
Post Deleted
Re: not able to get QNX System Builder's built in serial terminals to work  
Did you set correct parameters for your serial communication session? You should do it using terminal view menu (right 
side of the  view frame top bar.
Thanks. I've got it to work now. I didn't notice that menu view! 
Sequence of "T" means that server was not found. Check that IP address you defined for monitor to search to is indeed 
I'm just using the IP address of my laptop, where the QNX Momentics IDE is running. Is this right? 
Unfortunately I don't have the board you are working with, so it is a problem for me to detect the root of your troubles
. I'd recommend to verify IP and port (69 by default).  Net interface(s) which TFTP server in IDE is listening, you can 
verify looking to TFTP Preference page (see dialog in preferences). Also please check your image location. There are two
 options for that: in the search path or in Images directory of one of of System Builder projects in your active 
workspace. Which option is active, you can control via TFTP Server toolbar action (small icon with "TFTP" word on it).
Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for your response! Now it looks like a Windows XP security policy problem to me. Maybe it's because of the 
Windows XP group securiry policy our company is using. I can get a file from my TFTP server from the same host where the
 TFTP server is running, but can't access it from another PC.