Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - pterm behavior: (4 Items)

pterm behavior  
Inside a pterm running a shell, i start a program which SIGSEGV and I can see the message Memory Fault.  That's fine

But if I do pterm -z program, when the program crashed the pterm title becomes "idle 0" and stay open ( because of the -
z ), but the message Memory Fault is no where to be found?  How do I make it show up?
Re: pterm behavior  
> Inside a pterm running a shell, i start a program which SIGSEGV and I can see 
> the message Memory Fault.  That's fine
> 
> But if I do pterm -z program, when the program crashed the pterm title becomes
>  "idle 0" and stay open ( because of the -z ), but the message Memory Fault is
>  no where to be found?  How do I make it show up?

If I add -v to proc it will show information about the crash, but the message Memory Fault is not there.
> But if I do pterm -z program, when the program crashed the pterm title becomes
>  "idle 0" and stay open ( because of the -z ), but the message Memory Fault is
>  no where to be found?  How do I make it show up?

"pterm -z sh -c program" should do it...  It's the shell that normally prints out the message.

> > But if I do pterm -z program, when the program crashed the pterm title 
> becomes
> >  "idle 0" and stay open ( because of the -z ), but the message Memory Fault 
> is
> >  no where to be found?  How do I make it show up?
> 
> "pterm -z sh -c program" should do it...  It's the shell that normally prints 
> out the message.
> 

Yep that work, thanks, however that would make our startup procedure too complexe (starting useless shells)   By using -
v on proc, that solves my problem. 

Cheers!