Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Rhapsody, QNX, and Photon Application Builder: (2 Items)

Rhapsody, QNX, and Photon Application Builder  
Hello All,

I am using IBM/Telelogic Rhapsody (v 7.5) together with QNX (v 6.4.1) for a development of a new application. The 
application will have a GUI which I would like to create with the Photon Application Builder. Does anyone have 
experience developing applications with Rhapsody and PhAB? What is the recommended way to communicate between the two 
processes? The User of the application should be able to enter information via the GUI as well as see run time control 
data on the GUI. Or is it recommended to program the GUI without the PhAB and to call the Photon library functions 
directly from the Rhapsody Model/code? It would be nice to have a solution using the PhAB since it greatly simplifies 
the creation of Windows and their layout.

Thank you for you help

Cheers

Marcel 

P.S. I posted this thread in the Photon microGUI and General community forum as well since I was not sure where the most
 appropriate place is
Re: Rhapsody, QNX, and Photon Application Builder  
Do you use Rhapsody in C or in C++ ?
Code generated by Phab is only C and if you want to connect with it object and classes created in Rhapsody, you will 
need to wrap C funtions in a dedicated class.

Another way is to make 2 applications (one generated by Phab, the other by Rhapsody) communicating through share memory 
or sockets.

You can also make one on the 2 a library that will be used by the other one.