Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Project Information
Project Info
wiki5216: Nto650X86supportGlobalReleaseNotes (Version 1)

Release Notes for the QNX Neutrino 6.5.0 X86 Update patch#

System requirements#

Target system#

• QNX Neutrino RTOS 6.5.0
  • Board version: The following software patch has been verified on the following platforms:
    • Advantech AIMB-580 (Supports Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium® processor with Q57 chipset)
    • Advantech AIMB-270 (Supports Intel® Core™ i7 and i5 mobile processor with Intel QM57 chipset)
    • Advantech PCM-9562 (Embedded Intel® Atom™ processor N450 Single Core/D510 Dual Core 1.66 GHz + ICH8M)

Host development system#

• QNX Momentics 6.5.0, one of the following host systems:
    • QNX Neutrino 6.5.0
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7
    • Linux - Ubuntu Workstation 9.04 or newer
  • 150 MB of free disk space
  • RS-232 serial port
  • 64 MB of RAM

What's new?#

startup#

• New processors (ex. core i3, i5, i7) are now correctly identified
  • By default startup-apic will now use High Precision Event Timer 0 for the system clock (instead of the 8254) on Intel based platforms.
  • For certain Atom based platforms, target would hang when running 'shutdown'
  • Startup now set the CR4MSE bit on chips that support it
  • Latest IOAPIC related fixes are included

pci-bios-v2#

• Fixed a problem in check_range function that was causing problems with PCI/PCI bridges.
  • Changed the code in pci_alloc_irq() to only allocate every second item in the IRQ list when MSI/X interrupts are requested. Also reduced the maximum number of interrupts to 16.
  • Added a check in avail_irq for a no-connection instance. (0xff)

devnp-e1000.so #

• Updated driver to correctly display SerDes in nicinfo and also fixed a problem with link detection
  • Changed init and event logic so that MSIX interrupts call directly into their respective interrupt service routines.
  • Fixed a problem where the RCTL bits have changed for later chipsets.
  • Made a change to stop the 82583V chipset from using MSI-X. According to Intel, the device doesn't support MSI-X.
  • Updated the driver to support the 82579 chipset.