Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - QNX SDP 6.6.0 on SUSE Linux: (3 Items)

QNX SDP 6.6.0 on SUSE Linux  
Hi,

I have just installed QNX SDP 6.6.0 on SUSE Linux 10. I find that I am getting warnings such as these when the compiler 
tools are invoked:

/apps/qnx/6.6.0/host/linux/x86/usr/bin/arm-unknown-nto-qnx6.6.0eabi-as: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information available
 (required by /apps/qnx/6.6.0/host/linux/x86/usr/bin/arm-unknown-nto-qnx6.6.0eabi-as)

ntoarmv7-objcopy: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by ntoarmv7-objcopy)

/apps/qnx/6.6.0/host/linux/x86/usr/bin/arm-unknown-nto-qnx6.6.0eabi-ar: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information available
 (required by /apps/qnx/6.6.0/host/linux/x86/usr/bin/arm-unknown-nto-qnx6.6.0eabi-ar)

What should we do to get rid of these warning messages?

Thanks,
Vincent
Re: QNX SDP 6.6.0 on SUSE Linux  
Hi Vincent,
    I have seen similar problems on new versions of Ubuntu 14 64-bit when you do not have all the necessary 32-bit 
compatibility libraries installed.

In my case, ntoarmv7-objdump was generating the error:

ntoarmv7-objdump: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or 
directory

To fix it I installed the lib with:

sudo apt-get install lib32z1

On Ubuntu I used apt-file search libz.so.1.

Cheers,
Bob
Re: QNX SDP 6.6.0 on SUSE Linux  
Thanks Bob. We have upgraded libz to libz.so.1.2.3.4 and it seems to get rid of the message. Before the upgrade, the 
resulting binaries seemed to work correctly, so it seems this warning is benign.