You still need to make sure the those env vars are set correctly.
And you also still need to link against the qnx libc, unless you are doing a bootloader etc...

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 20:05
To: general-toolchain@community.qnx.com
Reply To: general-toolchain@community.qnx.com
Subject: Re: does qnx use gnu glibc?

John.  I am not using the makefile method.  I try on going away frome qnx recursive make method.  Essentially. I just want to use GCC and binutils and nothing more to build more open source software packages

John Kearney <community-noreply@qnx.com> wrote:

><!-- .EmailQuote { margin-left: 1pt; padding-left: 4pt; border-left: #800000 2px solid; } -->
>
>Have you set 
>
>QNX_TARGET and QNX HOST, it sounds like your build environment isn't set correctly.
>
>
>
>Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
>
>From: Toan Pha
>
>Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 18:18
>
>To: general-toolchain
>
>Reply To: general-toolchain@community.qnx.com
>
>Subject: Re: RE: does qnx use gnu glibc?
>
>
>
>Thank you,
>
>I understand now,
>
>I am trying to make a build environment on x86-linux platform to cross compile some open source packages to armv7-nto-qnx.  Since, I do not rebuild qnx compiler, and only use the downloaded toolchain along with native/target libraries provided by this project, I do not have control for the linking process.
>
>The problem i am having right now is that the binary tool (gcc), always want to load in c startup objects in armv7/armle-v7/lib/crt1.o with a simple hello world program.  That path was preconfigured while building the compiler for qnx.  it was probably defined using the preprocessor while building GCC:
>
>#define STANDARD_STARTFILE_PREFIX "/some_cross_platform_library_path/lib/"
>
>
>
>I would like to know if there is anyway I can modify the current precompiled linker (or linker script) to not search for C-runtime (crt.o) in its standard location at armv7/armle-v7/lib/crt1.o.  I tried telling the linker where to find the c-runtime using -L -I search path arguments and the linker still error out, saying that path to object armv7/armle-v7/lib/crt1* not found.  Certainly, since I am making a build environment, i do not want to be in the target directory where the linker can find its C-runtime library all the time.
>
>
>Presently, I can only compile a hello world application under my development environment by telling gcc not to use its linker script and c-runtime libraries by passing the following arguments.
>
>ntoarmv7-gcc -nostdlib -L$root/usr/lib hello.c $root/usr/lib/armv7/armle-v7/lib/{crt*.o,libc.so.3}
>
> This is only a work-around method.  To have a truely cross platform toolchain, like the toolchain I made for arm-linux, the linker must not always try to find its C-runtime library at a fixed location.
>
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>
>General
>http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post106418
>To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-toolchain-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
>

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post106420
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-toolchain-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com