Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Cannot get wklauncher to work in QNX as described in QNX Web Browser Engine Developer's Guide: (2 Items)

Cannot get wklauncher to work in QNX as described in QNX Web Browser Engine Developer's Guide  
I have a Flash (ActionScript 2) front-end running on a QNX system to control lights, temperature and some other features
. I'd like to support a webkit browser but I'm having problems displaying the browser correctly using the code provided 
in examples. I can see that the webkit_kd process is running and I can get a browser screen to display launched by Flash
 using the QNX-CAR code samples but there are problems with fonts and defining boundaries of the browser port.

So in an effort to handle one problem at a time I'm trying to see if I can get the webkit_kd browser to display local 
pages without Flash running using the wklauncher application. However I cannot get it to work in QNX as described in the
 QNX Web Browser Engine Developer's Guide.

Here's my procedure:

1) I've set LD_LIBRARY_PATH
2) I've verified that I have the proper files in $QNX_TARGET/opt/webkit/
3) I've executed $QNX_TARGET/opt/webkit/x86/bin/wklauncher file:\\\aLocalFolder\index.html

and I'm rewarded with:

gf_layer_attach() failed: No such process
GF init failed: are you running io-display?

BTW I'm running io-display

So, is there anyone who can give some guidance on how to solve this problem?
RE: Cannot get wklauncher to work in QNX as described in QNX Web Browser Engine Developer's Guide  
Are you running as root?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 8:28 AM
To: general-web_browsers
Subject: Cannot get wklauncher to work in QNX as described in QNX Web Browser Engine Developer's Guide

I have a Flash (ActionScript 2) front-end running on a QNX system to control lights, temperature and some other features
. I'd like to support a webkit browser but I'm having problems displaying the browser correctly using the code provided 
in examples. I can see that the webkit_kd process is running and I can get a browser screen to display launched by Flash
 using the QNX-CAR code samples but there are problems with fonts and defining boundaries of the browser port.

So in an effort to handle one problem at a time I'm trying to see if I can get the webkit_kd browser to display local 
pages without Flash running using the wklauncher application. However I cannot get it to work in QNX as described in the
 QNX Web Browser Engine Developer's Guide.

Here's my procedure:

1) I've set LD_LIBRARY_PATH
2) I've verified that I have the proper files in $QNX_TARGET/opt/webkit/
3) I've executed $QNX_TARGET/opt/webkit/x86/bin/wklauncher file:\\\aLocalFolder\index.html

and I'm rewarded with:

gf_layer_attach() failed: No such process
GF init failed: are you running io-display?

BTW I'm running io-display

So, is there anyone who can give some guidance on how to solve this problem?

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post99503
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-web_browsers-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com