Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Running screen on VMware workstation results in core dump: (1 Item)

Running screen on VMware workstation results in core dump  
Hello,

I am trying to get screen running on VMware Workstation in order to do some testing. I'm trying to use VMware 
Workstation 11 (trial version for now) on Windows 7 x64 pro. I have created the VM with the accelerated graphics option 
enabled (as per the graphics patch release notes), installed QNX660 from the VMware ISO image and then copied the files 
described in the graphics patch across. I did get a warning from VMware that 3D acceleration wasn't supported on this 
target (I had the guest OS set to "Other").

I set GRAPHICS_ROOT to "/usr/lib/graphics/VMware" and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to "/usr/lib:/lib:/lib/dll:$GRAPHICS_ROOT".

gpu_drv seems to run OK, there are no error messages and the process remains running after the prompt reappears. When I 
try to run screen after that I just get an error saying "Memory fault (core dumped!)". I have attached a copy of the 
sloginfo output and have noticed a few things:

- "3D disabled by host." - seems the warning in VMWare about 3D acceleration not being supported in the guest OS causes 
it to be disabled?
- invalid items in the graphics.conf file - are these caused by the above?

At this point I'm pretty lost as I find the documentation difficult to digest and I cannot find any other problems like 
this on the QNX, F27 or more general internet.

As an aside I tried to use vesabios instead of vmware in the GRAPHICS_ROOT. I don't run gpu_drv in that case (is that 
correct? it complains about not finding libvmwsvga.so so I assume it is hardcoded for VMWare driver) but I can then run 
screen and use display_image to successfully display an image so I assume screen is running OK under vesabios at this 
point. However, the ultimate aim would be to use GLES2 so I'd prefer to use native drivers.

Can anyone suggest what I might need to do to fix this or do I need to provide more information?

Thanks.
Attachment: Text sloginfo.txt 6.59 KB