Jump to ID:
QNX Community VMware® Project

Project Home

Documents

Source Code

Discussions

Wiki

Project Info
Forum Topic - Problems with mouse hanging at "virtual borders": (6 Items)

Problems with mouse hanging at "virtual borders"  
Hello,

I'm running 6.3.2 in fullscreen in the VMWARE with the same resolution as my screen (1280x1024). Sometimes the mouse 
hangs as if there were any virtual borders somewhere in the screen. I have vmtoold running as root and it doesn't seem 
to poll the cursors position fast enough, because if I'm at the border of the screen, moving the mouse fast to the 
middle of the screen, he's is behaving like this. Any solution?

André
Re: Problems with mouse hanging at "virtual borders"  
I'm using VMWARE 6.5 and screen resolution 1024x768 and I don't experience this problem at all. Have you tried to work 
without vmtoold? The same behavior? If no, have you tried to increase its priority? Have you tried to decrease delays in
 main loop in vmtoold.c and rebuild it?
I am having the same issues.  In full screen mode.  I also am getting double mouse arrows.  
I've experienced similar problems working with Microsoft guest operating systems, and with Vista as Host Operating 
System.

What host operating system are you using?

In my case the problem seems to be related to the MSVista/VMware team, not to the guest operating system.
I am having the same issues.

My configuration: Dell Latitude D510 with Windows XP Professional SP3 as Host, and QNX 6.3.2 as guest.

Is there a solution available ?
I found a workaround !

The problem exist on my systems only when the mouse speed is set to the lowest speed. The problem with the virtual 
boarders is only present when the host resolution is the same as the guest resolution (1024x768).

On a second system with a resolution of 1680x1050 I have at the lowest mouse speed only the problem that the speed of 
the mouse movement is not constant and very slow at the borders.

When the mouse speed is set to the second step I have no problems on both systems.

If desired I can provide a 300MB ISO image with which the error can be reproduced.