Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - MS Virtual PC : (4 Items)

MS Virtual PC  
I'm not sure if it is a correct place for discussion of this topic.  Anyway, did anybody try QNX 6.4 on MS VPC 2007 SP1?
 I got strange results (see attachment). At the same time 6.3.2 still works very well? What could be wrong?

Attachment: Image vpc.png 13.86 KB
Re: MS Virtual PC  
BTW, I tried to install 6.4 on some other free virtualizers (I was so active in my search not only by curiositybecause 
my VMWare license expired three days ago). Installation on QEMU 0.9.0 failed (installer froze)  while installing host 
stuff.(6.3.2 installed smoothly), installation on the last version of  Sun VirtualBox failed with system dump and 
shutdown at the very beginning. I used ISO image from July, 31 Host Vista Home Premium.
> host stuff.(6.3.2 installed smoothly), installation on the last version of  
> Sun VirtualBox failed with system dump and shutdown at the very beginning. I 
Can confirm problems with SUN's VirtualBox. My college reported me "Guru Meditation" (crash) of VirtualBox and several 
times QNX was not able to detect a virtual HDD.

> I'm not sure if it is a correct place for discussion of this topic.  Anyway, 
> did anybody try QNX 6.4 on MS VPC 2007 SP1? I got strange results (see 
> attachment). At the same time 6.3.2 still works very well? What could be wrong
> ?

I have QNX 6.3.2 and 6.4.0 on VPC installed without problems you mentioned here.

I have noticed another problem with MS VPC 2007 SP1: Network become unavailable for some minutes and turns available 
back for similar period of time, and so on. Windows log was full of messages like: "Bad mac address [blah-blah], network
 disconnected"...
The problem was solved by installing MS VPC 2007 (without SP1) instead.
I guess it was a some kind of conflict with firewall, or some new "smart" feature in VPC's SP... hard to say.

--
WBR,
AG