Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Project Status: (2 Items)

Project Status  
What is the status of the project. Who has done what so far?  What's the plan. Does somebody has a plan?

- Mario
Re: Project Status  
> 
> What is the status of the project. Who has done what so far?  What's the plan.
>  Does somebody has a plan?

At best the status is literally just starting.  I felt with the release of Open VM Tools and QNX's new site, there was 
an opportunity to enhance the work I had done a couple years ago.

I talked to QSS about creating a project site here for this work and that is what we have.  I uploaded the old version 
of my vmtoold and such as a starting point.  QSS has also commited to providing their drivers to this project as well.

Going forward we need to collect some interested developers and decide how we want to extend the support for QNX in 
VMware.  Things such as drag and drop files and a better integration to the VMware api are easy first steps (well, not 
sure how easy the dnd stuff is).  I don't see a pure port of Open VM Tools as viable as they are more about working with
 XWindows and linux kernel mods.  I do think there is a lot of valuable information to be gleaned from that project tho.

If we end up with a lot of interest from the right people, we could even consider looking at adding paravirtualization 
hooks into the QNX kernel to help it run even better under a virtual environment (the information and sources are all 
now out there).

Anyway, first off, we need to get enough interest to see who can help with what, and mainly to determine what is next.

Rick..