Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Duplicate threads in debugger view (6.4.0 with gdb-6.8-u2): (2 Items)

Duplicate threads in debugger view (6.4.0 with gdb-6.8-u2)  
I am seeing in the debugger view two threads (0 & 7), which are identical when running a particular application.  Same 
addresses, call stack, etc.  There is, in fact, only one thread performing this particular task.  It seems like this 
situation is causing the target to experience a SIGBUS error, as I have verified with my co-workers no such signal on 
their targets running the same code (they also do not see the two identical threads).

When I put in a breakpoint at a location prior to where I see the SIGBUS, GDB skips the breakpoint as if it isn't there 
and then continues to break at the SIGBUS.  The difference is that when I place a breakpoint thread 0 is no longer there
; and only thread 7 is performing the task at hand.

I have experienced lots of issues with GDB ever since I upgraded to 6.4.0, which is why I'm currently using gdb-6.8-u2. 
 Is anybody familiar with what I'm seeing?
Re: Duplicate threads in debugger view (6.4.0 with gdb-6.8-u2)  
Phillip Kurby wrote:
> I am seeing in the debugger view two threads (0 & 7), which are identical when running a particular application.  Same addresses, call stack, etc.  There is, in fact, only one thread performing this particular task.  It seems like this situation is causing the target to experience a SIGBUS error, as I have verified with my co-workers no such signal on their targets running the same code (they also do not see the two identical threads).

That is strange. Thread with tid 0 should not exist. Could 
you turn on verbose log and post it here?

> 
> When I put in a breakpoint at a location prior to where I see the SIGBUS, GDB skips the breakpoint as if it isn't 
there and then continues to break at the SIGBUS.  The difference is that when I place a breakpoint thread 0 is no longer
 there; and only thread 7 is performing the task at hand.

Breakpoint issue might be caused by optimization. What is 
the optimization level you are using? Try compiling with -O0.

> 
> I have experienced lots of issues with GDB ever since I upgraded to 6.4.0, which is why I'm currently using gdb-6.8-u2
.  Is anybody familiar with what I'm seeing?

Any issues you experience with GDB you can report here and 
we will address them.

Thank you,

Aleksandar