Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - First steps with DevEnv 6.40.0 failure: (3 Items)

First steps with DevEnv 6.40.0 failure  
Hi,

i am doing my first steps with the dev enviroment 6.4.0 under windows as dev host. But in spite of the good quickstart 
guide the "hello world" program wil not run on the qnx target system. I work over the example project of the guide with 
the "Welcome to the QNX Momentics IDE" text ...

When i try to start the compiled program on the target (release) i get the message "Could not find library libcpp.so.4" 
... ok that is correct, this file is not on the target but on the filesystem of the windows host. So i tried to link 
this lib static but i do not accomplish that ... so i copy this lib file directly in the directory on the target where 
the binary will run.
At the next try the message "Could not find library libc.so.3" ... ok ... same procedure with this file ...
At the next try the message "Process 1769544 (MyTest_g) terminated SIGSEGV code=1 fltno=11 ip=7829bd9c mapaddr=00023d9c.
 ref=00000000" appears ... so a segmentation violation happened on the target.
I tried the same with the debug version: also a segmentation violation but before this message:
"warning: Host file D:/QNX640/target/qnx6/shle/usr/lib/ldqnx.so.2 does not match target file /usr/lib/ldqnx.so.2" ...
It seems that not the dev env is misconfigured but already the loader on the target machine crashes ... :-(
I have already take the qconn program from dev env instead of the qconn of my target ... no effect.
Here is some information about my target machine: http://www.250kb.de/u/090429/j/c8478dd4.jpg
Could anybody give me some hints for searching the reasons ..?
Thanx!
Frank
RE: First steps with DevEnv 6.40.0 failure  
The target seems to have an older version of QNX.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Frank Maier [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com]
> Sent: April-29-09 9:56 AM
> To: general-toolchain
> Subject: First steps with DevEnv 6.40.0 failure
> 
> Hi,
> 
> i am doing my first steps with the dev enviroment 6.4.0 under windows
> as dev host. But in spite of the good quickstart guide the "hello
> world" program wil not run on the qnx target system. I work over the
> example project of the guide with the "Welcome to the QNX Momentics
> IDE" text ...
> 
> When i try to start the compiled program on the target (release) i get
> the message "Could not find library libcpp.so.4" ... ok that is
> correct, this file is not on the target but on the filesystem of the
> windows host. So i tried to link this lib static but i do not
> accomplish that ... so i copy this lib file directly in the directory
> on the target where the binary will run.
> At the next try the message "Could not find library libc.so.3" ... ok
> ... same procedure with this file ...
> At the next try the message "Process 1769544 (MyTest_g) terminated
> SIGSEGV code=1 fltno=11 ip=7829bd9c mapaddr=00023d9c. ref=00000000"
> appears ... so a segmentation violation happened on the target.
> I tried the same with the debug version: also a segmentation violation
> but before this message:
> "warning: Host file D:/QNX640/target/qnx6/shle/usr/lib/ldqnx.so.2 does
> not match target file /usr/lib/ldqnx.so.2" ...
> It seems that not the dev env is misconfigured but already the loader
> on the target machine crashes ... :-(
> I have already take the qconn program from dev env instead of the qconn
> of my target ... no effect.
> Here is some information about my target machine:
> http://www.250kb.de/u/090429/j/c8478dd4.jpg
> Could anybody give me some hints for searching the reasons ..?
> Thanx!
> Frank
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post28340
> 
Re: First steps with DevEnv 6.40.0 failure  
If you have 640 host you should have 640 target. If you have 632 or earlier target you should have same version of 
Momentics installed on host (they can co-exists).
You can use newer IDE with older momentics but re-targting it using env vars.

Frank Maier wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> i am doing my first steps with the dev enviroment 6.4.0 under windows as dev host. But in spite of the good quickstart
 guide the "hello world" program wil not run on the qnx target system. I work over the example project of the guide with
 the "Welcome to the QNX Momentics IDE" text ...
> 
> When i try to start the compiled program on the target (release) i get the message "Could not find library libcpp.so.4
" ... ok that is correct, this file is not on the target but on the filesystem of the windows host. So i tried to link 
this lib static but i do not accomplish that ... so i copy this lib file directly in the directory on the target where 
the binary will run.
> At the next try the message "Could not find library libc.so.3" ... ok ... same procedure with this file ...
> At the next try the message "Process 1769544 (MyTest_g) terminated SIGSEGV code=1 fltno=11 ip=7829bd9c mapaddr=
00023d9c. ref=00000000" appears ... so a segmentation violation happened on the target.
> I tried the same with the debug version: also a segmentation violation but before this message:
> "warning: Host file D:/QNX640/target/qnx6/shle/usr/lib/ldqnx.so.2 does not match target file /usr/lib/ldqnx.so.2" ...
> It seems that not the dev env is misconfigured but already the loader on the target machine crashes ... :-(
> I have already take the qconn program from dev env instead of the qconn of my target ... no effect.
> Here is some information about my target machine: http://www.250kb.de/u/090429/j/c8478dd4.jpg
> Could anybody give me some hints for searching the reasons ..?
> Thanx!
> Frank
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post28340
>