Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Debugging in QNX IDE 4.0.1 with GCC 4.2.1: (2 Items)

Debugging in QNX IDE 4.0.1 with GCC 4.2.1  
Hi

Recently I noticed a gcc compiler (4.2.1) which could be installed in QNX 6.3.2., so I installed that patch in my 
windows machine. Then I got gcc 4.2.1 compiler option in the compiler menu of qnx ide. The problem that I’m currently 
facing is that I was able to “run” my program, but I cant able to debug it. While debugging, a small window pops up 
with a message 

“Error stopping at main. Reason: target request failed: {R,T}x Thread terminated ”. 

i also attached the error that it displays during debugging.

My concern is “whether did I need to install similar patch in my target QNX system?  

This issue happens only with gcc 4.2.1 compiler, because if I select any other c compiler option and if I proceed 
debugging, it debugs. 

Please clarify

Regards

mukuntan

Attachment: Image error.JPG 147.42 KB
Re: Debugging in QNX IDE 4.0.1 with GCC 4.2.1  
I think this is a system libraries problem. Libraries on your target 
should conform those you used while building your project using new 
toolchain.

Regards,
Alex.

On 04/11/2008 7:30 PM, mukuntan balasundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
>
>
> Recently I noticed a gcc compiler (4.2.1) which could be installed in QNX 6.3.2., so I installed that patch in my 
windows machine. Then I got gcc 4.2.1 compiler option in the compiler menu of qnx ide. The problem that I’m currently 
facing is that I was able to “run” my program, but I cant able to debug it. While debugging, a small window pops up 
with a message
>
> “Error stopping at main. Reason: target request failed: {R,T}x Thread terminated ”.
>
> i also attached the error that it displays during debugging.
>
> My concern is “whether did I need to install similar patch in my target QNX system?
>
> This issue happens only with gcc 4.2.1 compiler, because if I select any other c compiler option and if I proceed 
debugging, it debugs.
>
> Please clarify
>
>
>
> Regards
>
> mukuntan
>
>
>