Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - wide character (wchar_t) support?: (2 Items)

wide character (wchar_t) support?  
I am using autotools to build C++ programs on Win32/Cygwin for QNX (i386 on VMWare).  I can successfully build code that
 uses the std c++ library with the exception of anything that requires wchar_t.  These same programs build successfully 
within the Momentics IDE so I know that I must be invoking the compiler/linker incorrectly (missing some library?)  but 
not in an obvious way ..

Typically, I run configure like this:

configure --host=i386-pc-nto-qnx6.3.0

and everything builds fine (including compiles, I use -D_GLIBCPP_USE_WCHAR_T) until I get to the link step in which I 
get:

undefined reference to `std::basic_string<wchar_t, std::char_traits....`

Any help greatly appreciated .. happy to provide my config.log if interested ...;-)

-Bob Barcklay

Re: wide character (wchar_t) support?  
Bob Barcklay wrote:
> I am using autotools to build C++ programs on Win32/Cygwin for QNX (i386 on VMWare).  I can successfully build code 
that uses the std c++ library with the exception of anything that requires wchar_t.  These same programs build 
successfully within the Momentics IDE so I know that I must be invoking the compiler/linker incorrectly (missing some 
library?)  but not in an obvious way ..
> 
> Typically, I run configure like this:
> 
> configure --host=i386-pc-nto-qnx6.3.0
> 
> and everything builds fine (including compiles, I use -D_GLIBCPP_USE_WCHAR_T) until I get to the link step in which I 
get:
> 
> undefined reference to `std::basic_string<wchar_t, std::char_traits....`
> 
> Any help greatly appreciated .. happy to provide my config.log if interested ...;-)

In libstdc++-v3 iconv is used for wchar_t to char conversions and the 
configure script checks for iconv headers and other XSI extensions such 
as langinfo.h which the OS does not currently support.

Regards,

Ryan Mansfield