Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX 7/Momentics 4.7 C linker error: VFP Register arguments: (2 Items)

QNX 7/Momentics 4.7 C linker error: VFP Register arguments  
I am porting a resource manager from QNX 6.5 to 7.0 and it is split into two projects: the main application code and a 
statically-linked library. When compiling for 6.5 everything works without any problems, but when I try to compile the 
exact same projects for QNX 7 I get the following linker error (actually, many instances of the same error):

c:\qnx700\\host\win64\x86_64\usr\bin\arm-unknown-nto-qnx7.0.0eabi-ld: error: nameofexecutable uses VFP register 
arguments, nameoflibraryfile.a(filename.o) does not
c:\qnx700\\host\win64\x86_64\usr\bin\arm-unknown-nto-qnx7.0.0eabi-ld: failed to merge target specific data of file 
nameoflibraryfile.a(filename.o)

If I take all of the source files from the library project and add them to the executable project everything works fine.
 I did some research on the error and see that "VFP register arguments" relate to floating-point arguments and how they 
are passed, but neither my application nor my library have any floating-point arithmetic whatsoever (no floats, no 
doubles).

Has anyone seen anything like this using the QNX 7 C compiler? I am cross-compiling to an ARM CPU target. Thanks!

Associations:
post118420:
              Re: QNX 7/Momentics 4.7 C linker error: VFP Register arguments -  - Chris Buck(deleted)

Re: QNX 7/Momentics 4.7 C linker error: VFP Register arguments  
I found the problem. The build I was doing for QNX 6.5 and 7.0 took place in different directories, but the path of the 
library file for the QNX 7.0 build was still pointing to the 6.5 tree. So I was trying to link the application that was 
compiled for QNX 7.0 against the library (a .a file) compiled for QNX 6.5 and this is the error message that popped out.
 So now we know :)
Associations:
post118405:
              QNX 7/Momentics 4.7 C linker error: VFP Register arguments -  - Chris Buck(deleted)