Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - STL and QNX 4: (8 Items)

STL and QNX 4  
Do the available compilers for QNX 4 support templates and the STL? I can't seem to find any info either way. It looks 
like Neutrino supports this but I'm not sure about QNX 4. If I remember correctly, gcc 2.95.x supports templates but I 
could be wrong. We have some code we may need to port back to QNX 4 and I was told our code with templates will need to 
come out. I'm a QNX newbie so I have no idea...
Re: STL and QNX 4  
> Do the available compilers for QNX 4 support templates and the STL? I can't 
> seem to find any info either way. It looks like Neutrino supports this but I'm
>  not sure about QNX 4. If I remember correctly, gcc 2.95.x supports templates 
> but I could be wrong. We have some code we may need to port back to QNX 4 and 
> I was told our code with templates will need to come out. I'm a QNX newbie so 
> I have no idea...

Under QNX4 the Watcom compiler was used, so You might want to check out this link:

http://www.azillionmonkeys.com/qed/watfaq.shtml 

Checkout Q5.

Hope this helps.
Jeevan
If can't find the proper version just post me a note with you contact info and I can email you the STL we are using.

Templates are somewhat supported with Watcom 10.5.

> > Do the available compilers for QNX 4 support templates and the STL? I can't 
> 
> > seem to find any info either way. It looks like Neutrino supports this but 
> I'm
> >  not sure about QNX 4. If I remember correctly, gcc 2.95.x supports 
> templates 
> > but I could be wrong. We have some code we may need to port back to QNX 4 
> and 
> > I was told our code with templates will need to come out. I'm a QNX newbie 
> so 
> > I have no idea...
> 
> 
> Under QNX4 the Watcom compiler was used, so You might want to check out this 
> link:
> 
>  http://www.azillionmonkeys.com/qed/watfaq.shtml 
> 
> Checkout Q5.
> 
> Hope this helps.
> Jeevan

Thanks for the help. It looks to me like STLport-4.6.2 supports Watcom but I don't see a Watcom makefile in STLport-5.x.
x. Did Watcom support go away as of version 5?
> Thanks for the help. It looks to me like STLport-4.6.2 supports Watcom but I 
> don't see a Watcom makefile in STLport-5.x.x. Did Watcom support go away as of
>  version 5?

From memory 4.6.2 doesn't work on QNX4. One reason being that it was for Watcom 11.0 which never made it to QNX4.

There is no makefile because you don't need to build it. There are just header files ;-)  You could build it if you need
 iostream support but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work.

> Thanks for the help. It looks to me like STLport-4.6.2 supports Watcom but I 
> don't see a Watcom makefile in STLport-5.x.x. Did Watcom support go away as of
>  version 5?

I would probably be close to impossible to support STL5 and above because of Watcom ( and OpenWatcom ) missing some 
modern C++ feature.
Thanks again. Do you know which version(s) of STLPort will work on QNX 4?
> Thanks again. Do you know which version(s) of STLPort will work on QNX 4?

I have no idea ;-)  I looked in the header files but can't find anything about the version number.

I have attached what I'm using. 
Attachment: Text stlport.7z 231.7 KB