Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - New Guy here: (3 Items)

New Guy here  
Hey, I just joined Foundry 27 and I'm trying out the QNX evaluation kit. I'm totally confused as to what to do next. I'm
 looking to emulate something along the lines of a car infotainment system or just get apps/bluetooth/internet browser 
running on my target QNX 6.6 Neutrino VM.

So far I followed the tutorial on creating a Hello world C/C++ project and linking it to my target. The output of my 
debug session just said Hello World on my momentics IDE. I was hoping it would open a pipe into the VM target and print 
it out on the VM command line interface. It didn't.

How would I get a more funciton RTOS running on the VM? It is way too bare bones now. Can't really do anything with it.
RE: New Guy here  
It actually did ;-)  The program ran on the target, its output piped to Momentics.  To see it on the VM command line 
interface you need to start the application manually from there and then attach the debugger to it. You can start the 
application with on -h so that it starts in help mode, that way when you attach the debugger to it, no code has run.

Maybe its possible to start an app from Momentic and redirects its input/output to a console (/dev/con1) but never done 
that myself.

QNX 6.6.0 is a strange beast. It's like trying to do cooking but instead of starting from nice ingredients and recipes, 
you are given seeds to first grow stuff you need, embryonic stuff to "grow" meat and then a book on chemical reaction to
 figure out all to mix it all.  The outcome can be very personalized, original and tasty, but it's not easy to get there

I'm sorry I don't have any pointer to give you, maybe look at the Car stuff, but not sure it's available in the basic 
kit.  

My perception is that QNX 6.6.0 was rushed out to please a certain market (notice that I did not say markets ) at the 
cost of making it harder for other.  Life is full of compromise ;-)

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Matthew Johnston [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
Envoyé : 30 septembre 2016 08:34
À : general-toolchain <general-toolchain@community.qnx.com>
Objet : New Guy here

Hey, I just joined Foundry 27 and I'm trying out the QNX evaluation kit. I'm totally confused as to what to do next. I'm
 looking to emulate something along the lines of a car infotainment system or just get apps/bluetooth/internet browser 
running on my target QNX 6.6 Neutrino VM.

So far I followed the tutorial on creating a Hello world C/C++ project and linking it to my target. The output of my 
debug session just said Hello World on my momentics IDE. I was hoping it would open a pipe into the VM target and print 
it out on the VM command line interface. It didn't.

How would I get a more funciton RTOS running on the VM? It is way too bare bones now. Can't really do anything with it.

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post116923
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-toolchain-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Re: RE: New Guy here  
So I found a generic x86 BSP. How would I use this with the QNX VMware runtime Image ISO?
Would it give it more features? I think I would have build upon that BSP (apps and other programs and such) right?