Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Specifying the -gsplit-dwarf option: (6 Items)

Specifying the -gsplit-dwarf option  
Hello

Does the 4.9.3 compiler support the -gsplit-dwarf option?  I am using the gold linker, and I have specified this option 
using both the -Wc,-gsplit-dwarf and just -gsplit-dwarf, but I do not seem to get a dwo file generated. 

Thanks,
Rodney
RE: Specifying the -gsplit-dwarf option  
This option is handled by the compiler driver, so using gcc directly will work but qcc doesn't currently handle it so it
 will essentially end up being silently ignored.
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 2:37 PM
To: general-toolchain
Subject: Specifying the -gsplit-dwarf option

Hello

Does the 4.9.3 compiler support the -gsplit-dwarf option?  I am using the gold linker, and I have specified this option 
using both the -Wc,-gsplit-dwarf and just -gsplit-dwarf, but I do not seem to get a dwo file generated.

Thanks,
Rodney

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post115366
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-toolchain-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Re: RE: Specifying the -gsplit-dwarf option  
Hello

Thanks for the response Michael.  Would the -Wc,-gsplit-dwarf option not pass it to the gcc compiler? 

Thanks,
Rodney
RE: RE: Specifying the -gsplit-dwarf option  
It will pass it to the compiler (cc1) directly, not through the compiler driver (gcc) that has the logic to handle the 
option. In order to support this, qcc would need to have some code added to handle the option in a similar fashion.
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 6:41 PM
To: general-toolchain
Subject: Re: RE: Specifying the -gsplit-dwarf option

Hello

Thanks for the response Michael.  Would the -Wc,-gsplit-dwarf option not pass it to the gcc compiler?

Thanks,
Rodney

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post115369
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-toolchain-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Re: RE: RE: Specifying the -gsplit-dwarf option  
Hello

Ah I see.  So how do I invoke gcc directly?  I tried running arm-unknown-nto-qnx6.6.0eabi-gcc on a simple test.c file, 
but the collect2 failed because it didn't recognize the -plugin option. 

Thanks,
Rodney
Re: RE: RE: Specifying the -gsplit-dwarf option  
So this looks like it is a bug with the 4.9.3 compiler.  If I run the 4.8.3 compiler, then I can compile a test 
application just fine.