Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - mkifs corrupts io-hid, one binary before and one binary after: (5 Items)

mkifs corrupts io-hid, one binary before and one binary after  
In my build file, under [data=copy], I include io-hid.

When it tries to run I get:
/proc/boot/io-hid[1]: syntax error: '|' unexpected

That looked a lot like the output of a script interpreter, so I included ldd with the image and ran ldd io-hid and 
subsequently got the following message:
ldd: /proc/boot/io-hid: corrupt ELF file

One file before io-hid appears to be corrupted and one file after io-hid is also corrupted.  But the rest seem to be 
fine.  I've attached the build file for you reading pleasure.

This is being built on an x86 system with 8Gb of RAM.  QNX 6.6

Very, very weird...

Attachment: Text build 1.02 KB
Re: mkifs corrupts io-hid, one binary before and one binary after  
Followup:

I checked my installation of QNX660 SDP, the binaries are fine.  
If I change the order they are included in the build script, they work, and the ones that took their place don't.

I know this should tell me what is going on, but the only thing I can think of is that the image file system is being 
loaded into RAM, the checksum taken, it passes and then it is copied somewhere else where pot hole in memory exists thus
 the apparent dependency on location.....wait...isn't that a real-estate thing?

--Kevin
Okay, after several days of additional investigation and such here is where I am :

1.  I eliminated the possibility that it was the medium I was using to boot the x86 box.  I was using a USB stick 
formatted using mkqnx6fsimg in combination with the new diskimage utility.  If found a SATA to USB adapter, conencted a 
laptop harddisk to my Ubuntu host, and QNX 6.5 VM.  I used these hosts to format and load the harddisk with the images. 
 I both formatted the HD using the mkqnx6fs utility on QNX 6.5 and just copied the resulting image from disk image.  
Results were the same.

2.  I then disconnected the harddisk from the SATA to USB adapter and connected the harddisk directly to the x86 box to 
boot it.   

The problem remains, there are always a handful of binaries that are corrupted.

3.  I then started to build using QNX 6.5 utilities.  While the corrupted files were different, the problem remained.

After a bunch of trial and error I found that the corrupt files always reside in the range of 6f9000 and  710000.  For 
example, the following files are corrupted:

QNX 6.5.0 
  6f9000   1d0f  8048668      --- proc/boot/umount=/opt/qnx650/target/qnx6/x86/bin/umount
  6fb000   fc12  80492c8      --- proc/boot/pci-bios=/opt/qnx650/target/qnx6/x86/sbin/pci-bios
  70b000  657d1  8048a18      --- proc/boot/pci=/opt/qnx650/target/qnx6/x86/usr/sbin/pci

QNX 6.6.0 
  6fa000   2c75  8049090      --- proc/boot/sloginfo=/opt/qnx660/target/qnx6/x86/bin/sloginfo
  6fd000   a94a  804a024      --- proc/boot/devb-umass=/opt/qnx660/target/qnx6/x86/sbin/devb-umass
  708000  2136d  804af94      --- proc/boot/io-usb=/opt/qnx660/target/qnx6/x86/sbin/io-usb

4.  This range of corruption is the same no matter what x86 box I boot.  I've tried several, all different motherboards 
and ram combinations, the problem is the same.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks
Kevin
> Okay, after several days of additional investigation and such here is where I 
> am :
> 
> 1.  I eliminated the possibility that it was the medium I was using to boot 
> the x86 box.  I was using a USB stick formatted using mkqnx6fsimg in 
> combination with the new diskimage utility.  If found a SATA to USB adapter, 
> conencted a laptop harddisk to my Ubuntu host, and QNX 6.5 VM.  I used these 
> hosts to format and load the harddisk with the images.  I both formatted the 
> HD using the mkqnx6fs utility on QNX 6.5 and just copied the resulting image 
> from disk image.  Results were the same.
> 
> 2.  I then disconnected the harddisk from the SATA to USB adapter and 
> connected the harddisk directly to the x86 box to boot it.   
> 
> The problem remains, there are always a handful of binaries that are corrupted
> 
> QNX 6.6.0 
>   6fa000   2c75  8049090      --- proc/boot/sloginfo=/opt/qnx660/target/qnx6/
> x86/bin/sloginfo
>   6fd000   a94a  804a024      --- proc/boot/devb-umass=/opt/qnx660/target/qnx6
> /x86/sbin/devb-umass
>   708000  2136d  804af94      --- proc/boot/io-usb=/opt/qnx660/target/qnx6/x86
> /sbin/io-usb
> 

One other thing, any binaries after these locations (as well as before) are fine.

> 
> Thanks
> Kevin

Here is the build file I have been using.

Thanks
Kevin
Attachment: Text apic.build 3.74 KB