Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Using the 4.8.1 Compiler: (5 Items)

Using the 4.8.1 Compiler  
I'm interested in trying out the 4.8.1 compiler - I've downloaded it and un-packed it into my Momentics 6.5.0 
installation directory.

I now have an extra Compiler option to select but if I do then I get odd build errors.

For example, the assembler gives " Error: unknown .loc sub-directive 'discriminator' " or "junk at end of line".

Other, simple, code compiles and executes correctly.

Any ideas?  This is for the PPC SPE target processor.

I also note that there are few headers included - do we need to download these separately directly from the gnu website?
  eg for the STL.

Thanks.
Re: Using the 4.8.1 Compiler  
You'll need to download and install the binutils update as well.

Re‎gards,

Ryan Mansfield

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
  Original Message
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:40 AM
To: general-toolchain
Reply To: general-toolchain@community.qnx.com
Subject: Using the 4.8.1 Compiler

I'm interested in trying out the 4.8.1 compiler - I've downloaded it and un-packed it into my Momentics 6.5.0 
installation directory.

I now have an extra Compiler option to select but if I do then I get odd build errors.

For example, the assembler gives " Error: unknown .loc sub-directive 'discriminator' " or "junk at end of line".

Other, simple, code compiles and executes correctly.

Any ideas?  This is for the PPC SPE target processor.

I also note that there are few headers included - do we need to download these separately directly from the gnu website?
  eg for the STL.

Thanks.

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post108896
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-toolchain-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Re: Using the 4.8.1 Compiler  
Thanks! That did the trick.

Is it possible to use C++11 libraries too (eg std::thread, STL etc) or does this require more integration?

Is it possible to configure CDT to use 4.8.1/C++11 for 'live parsing'(?) in the editor, or is this built in and needs an
 update to Momentics?  I had a look around Preferences but couldn't find a way to affect the visual indication of 
warnings in the editor.  That''s just a visual nicety though and  Visual Studio has the same issue.

Thanks again!
RE: Using the 4.8.1 Compiler  
Ryan would have the definitive answer but the basic answer is that the C++11 support is only complete for X86 and ARMv7-
LE (and there are known deficiencies even with those).  That being said, lots of C++11 will work for other platforms -- 
but std::thread and std::atomic almost certainly won't (since they require a certain amount of porting which AFAIK isn't
 done yet).
Re: RE: Using the 4.8.1 Compiler  
I would like a definite answer to this. I have 6.5.0 and am using the 4.8.3 compiler instead of 4.8.1. Any chance we can
 use std::thread, atomic, unique_ptr etc.?