Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Momentics Serial Debug (PDebug) via COM Port Failing: No such file or directory: (2 Items)

Momentics Serial Debug (PDebug) via COM Port Failing: No such file or directory  
I'm trying to upload and debug a simple program from the Momentics 6.5 IDE using a PDebug Debug Configuration. My FTDI 
device is on COM1 and is connected to my boards JTAG pins, which I have been using as a terminal for communicating with 
the Neutrino shell. In the "Serial Port Options" section, I am changing the Serial Port from "/dev/com1" to just "COM1" 
(no quotes) and pressing debug. Then, it fails and I get the following error:

"Failed Launching Serial Debugger"

with the description:
Error initializing: COM1: No such file or directory.

What gives? When I launch ntoarm-gdb from the command prompt, this is displayed:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\> ntoarm-gdb

GNU gdb 6.8 qnx-nto (rev. 506)
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>;
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i386-mingw32msvc --target=arm-unknown-nto-qnx
6.5.0".
(gdb)
Re: Momentics Serial Debug (PDebug) via COM Port Failing: No such file or directory  
OK, so I determined that it was unable to use COM1 because I still had the IDE Terminal view open. Even though the 
terminal was *disconnected* it was unable to use the COM1 port. Simply closing the terminal view fixed this.

... and now I have a new, but somewhat unrelated problem, so I'll put it in another thread.
Associations:
post103904:
              Re: Problem with serial debug on ARM -  - Jim Carroll(deleted)