Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Integrating QNX toolchain into Bitbake/OpenEmbedded/Yocto as a foreign (external) tool-chain: (2 Items)

Integrating QNX toolchain into Bitbake/OpenEmbedded/Yocto as a foreign (external) tool-chain  
My company tends to do a fair amount of work in both Linux and QNX. Primarily we use Bitbake/OpenEmbedded/Yocto build 
framework to build individual recipes (packages, e.g. libraries, apps, etc...) and ultimately Linux BSP images for 
several HW platforms and CPUs. The OpenEmbedded framework supports external (binary) tool-chains (e.g. lke those 
provided with QNX's Linux host tools) so my thoughts have been focused on integrating the QNX tool-chain into the 
OpenEmbedded/Yocto framwork. Ideally, with suitable recipes and the layering system provided by the framework, it would 
seem plausible that I *should* be able to generate QNX executables/libraries/images using this build framework on a 
Linux host.

Has anyone out there attempted this? If so, can you share any pointers or a OE/Yocto layer for the QNX toolchain? I 
suspect it could be a great option for people (like myself) who do development under both platforms and want to 
commonize their build/packaging processes.
Re: Integrating QNX toolchain into Bitbake/OpenEmbedded/Yocto as a foreign (external) tool-chain  
hey this seems quite interesting.
any progress so far?

I'd love to contribute.