Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - dinkum STL (libcpp) c++ 11 support: (4 Items)

dinkum STL (libcpp) c++ 11 support  
The dinkum STL comes with BB10 NDK is somewhat outdated by todays standard, which only supports C++98/03. I found that a
 C++ 11 compabile dinkum stl did exist which was shipped with the latest Microsoft Visual C++(2012 I guess).

My questions is:  Do we have any plan to bring this C++11 enabled dinkum library into QNX and BB10 in a near future?

I know that the libstdc++ comes with gcc 4.6.3 does have some C++0x/11 features, but it is conflict to libcpp ( if the 
app link against both libstdc++ and libcpp even indirectly, it crashes at static initialization phrase).
Re: dinkum STL (libcpp) c++ 11 support  
On 13-05-07 11:04 AM, chuan shen wrote:
> The dinkum STL comes with BB10 NDK is somewhat outdated by todays standard, which only supports C++98/03. I found that
 a C++ 11 compabile dinkum stl did exist which was shipped with the latest Microsoft Visual C++(2012 I guess).
>
> My questions is:  Do we have any plan to bring this C++11 enabled dinkum library into QNX and BB10 in a near future?

Yes, there are plans to bring the C++11 Dinkumware library to a future 
version of QNX.

Regards,

Ryan Mansfield

Do we have any numbers when it will come? months or years?
On 13-05-07 11:17 AM, chuan shen wrote:
> Do we have any numbers when it will come? months or years?

For questions about the availability next QNX release, I urge you to 
contact your local sales rep.

If you're asking about the availability of it on Blackberry products, 
please redirect your questions to the appropriate Blackberry forums.

Regards,

Ryan Mansfield